PDA

View Full Version : Possibly Bipolar I?

gaming_marquis
September 22nd, 2014, 09:16 PM
Okay, I've been worried about this for a few weeks now. I think I might have BPI, and I've expressed my concerns to my parents and therapist, only to be brushed off with, "Oh, no, you've just got depression."

I'm a really happy person (sort of) and I just recently fell into a really , really bad funk. I've lost interest in everything I love doing, and it's gotten to the point where I don't care whether I'm dead or alive - I feel NOTHING, and it's f*cking terrifying.

Does anyone on here have any advice? :/

Note: I've been diagnosed with clinical depression since I was about ten.

Posts merged. Next time please use the 'edit' button. ~Hannah

Deleted User
September 22nd, 2014, 11:05 PM
You've told us nothing that would indicate bipolar I. Those with bipolar I go through episodes of extreme depression, then a period of normalcy, then an episode of mania, and repeat basically. Mania consists of several key symptoms: thoughts of grandeur, a sudden lack of need for sleep, possible psychosis, risk-taking, frantic thoughts, among other things. Just being a really happy person who falls into a period of depression does not make you bipolar. From what you've said, which is very little, you don't even sound like you have bipolar II. That just sounds like clinical depression to the definition.

Bipolar I, unlike bipolar II, is very easy to diagnose as, typically, when one goes into a manic state, they need to be hospitalised and doctors can tell right away what the problem is. Your parents and therapist would definitely have noticed if there were any extreme changes like that. If they're saying you don't have it, you probably don't because you would have been diagnosed as soon as you started presenting such noticeable symptoms.

gaming_marquis
September 23rd, 2014, 09:18 AM
Ohhh . Okay. Thanks, anyways. :)

Amy123
October 27th, 2014, 06:36 PM
Don't worry stay strong