PDA

View Full Version : Boy and girl chat forums

Zteenagedude
September 16th, 2014, 07:38 PM
I was wondering if maybe sometime the admins could make a guy forum and a girl forum. For the same purpose as the puberty forums by gender. I mean sometimes there are things that I want to ask and say only to guys and I'm sure some girls feel the same way. And when I try to do this in the boy only puberty forum the moderators move it to like friends and family etc. But I don't want those threads for girls to see. Basically what I'm suggesting is a boy and girl only forum.

Feraligatr
September 16th, 2014, 07:42 PM
You can put what gender you want to respond in the title or the post.

Zteenagedude
September 16th, 2014, 07:48 PM
I know but for example I am a guy and I spend more time in the guy puberty forum then anything else because that's where I need the most help. So if I post something for only guys outside of the guys only forums it cuts down on the amount of guys who will see it.

Elysium
September 16th, 2014, 07:50 PM
Girls can see threads when they're posted in Puberty for Boys. Honestly, if you only want a specific gender responding to your thread, you should specify in the title.

Zteenagedude
September 16th, 2014, 07:56 PM
I know that they can but when it's in a specific boy forum it kinda sets it apart from the rest plus it makes more boys go to that specific boys forum if they are looking to give boy advice.

Elysium
September 16th, 2014, 08:00 PM
I just really think it's a little superfluous. You could always dedicate a diary or a thread to the idea, but I don't think an entire forum is necessary.

Feraligatr
September 16th, 2014, 08:00 PM
I don't think a separate forum is needed. It won't get much traffic.

Zteenagedude
September 16th, 2014, 08:03 PM
Ok... I understand thanks for your opinions

Deleted User
September 16th, 2014, 08:56 PM
A boys' forum and a girls' forum wouldn't make sense anyway. P101 works that way because it's based on biological sex. There are two types of biological organs (well, three if you're intersex but you get what I mean) so it makes sense to split it up like that.

But considering the recently implemented system of multiple gender options, it wouldn't be as easy as just splitting it into boys and girls. You'd have to have so many new forums that it would just be an organisational nightmare.

If you want guys only to respond, just say so somewhere. Girls will still see it and odds are they'll probably respond too. There's really not much you can do about it because it's just not enforced the same way and from an ex-mod's point of view, it would be way too much work to try to do so in other sections.

Vlerchan
September 17th, 2014, 02:56 PM
What's "boy advice" when it's not referring to something biological?

DerBear
September 24th, 2014, 06:33 PM
Well I used to remember people saying 'I'd like a guys perspective on this' when they deliberately posted it in Family and Friends etc. So you could just add something like that.

Karkat
September 25th, 2014, 05:07 PM
Well I used to remember people saying 'I'd like a guys perspective on this' when they deliberately posted it in Family and Friends etc. So you could just add something like that.

This seems like the best idea, IMO. There isn't really a point to creating a separate forum for it.