PDA

View Full Version : Guilty pleasure cars

PinkFloyd
September 11th, 2014, 10:34 PM
Are there any cars that you like that get a lot of hate? If so, post pictures of them below and if I'm feeling generous, I won't make fun of you!

Mine is the Third Generation Camaro. It's often referred to as the "mullet mobile" and for good reason. It screams "I drink an ungodly amount of Mountain Dew and light beer!" I can't help but love it though. I REALLY want one. It's my dream to Blast "Separate Ways" by Journey while doing a comfortable 105 on a highway in California in this.

http://www.thirdgen.org/tech/images/gallery/1992ChevroletCamaroZ28Twisted92Z28.jpg

Gamma Male
September 11th, 2014, 10:45 PM
As much as I hate how bad for the environment hummers are, I have to admit they look pretty fucking awesome. If they got better mileage or they had an electric or hybrid one I would love to have one.

Don't tell anybody, if you do my liberal-vegan-hippy license will be revoked. :lol:

PinkFloyd
September 11th, 2014, 10:54 PM
As much as I hate how bad for the environment hummers are, I have to admit they look pretty fucking awesome. If they got better mileage or they had an electric or hybrid one I would love to have one.

Don't tell anybody, if you do my liberal-vegan-hippy license will be revoked. :lol:

I think a hybrid or electric Hummer would defeat the purpose of the Hummer... just sayin haha :P

Gamma Male
September 11th, 2014, 11:05 PM
I think a hybrid or electric Hummer would defeat the purpose of the Hummer... just sayin haha :P

Yeah, probably.

I look at Hummers the same way I look at American football. It's not that I dislike the sport, it's that most of the people associated with the sport are douche bags I want nothing to do with.

PinkFloyd
September 11th, 2014, 11:16 PM
Yeah, probably.

I look at Hummers the same way I look at American football. It's not that I dislike the sport, it's that most of the people associated with the sport are douche bags I want nothing to do with.

That's why I'll never get a 2010- Camaro. All the people I know that drive them are douchebags that think they're hot shit because they drive a base model American "muscle car" with a V6.

Cognizant
September 12th, 2014, 12:47 AM
I really like the Dodge Grand Caravan despite it getting hated on :P
In fact I might buy a 2012 MY soon given that the insurance won't be a fortune.

unknownuser
September 14th, 2014, 01:03 AM
People seem to have that love/hate relationship thing going on with Minis, Fiats, New Beetles and other odd/small cars like that. I like the quirkiness of the ones I mentioned, the only one I CANNOT stand is the new Mitsubishi i-Miev electric. Impressive MPG, but sooo ugly. I kinda dislike the Nissan Leaf, too, but the ugliness doesn't compare with the Mitsubishi's.

PinkFloyd
September 14th, 2014, 10:29 PM
I really like the Dodge Grand Caravan despite it getting hated on :P
In fact I might buy a 2012 MY soon given that the insurance won't be a fortune.

Minivans in general get hated on, but of all the minivans, I think most people would choose the Grand Caravan/Town And Country. They're all around really nice.

Cognizant
September 15th, 2014, 12:21 AM
People seem to have that love/hate relationship thing going on with Minis, Fiats, New Beetles and other odd/small cars like that. I like the quirkiness of the ones I mentioned, the only one I CANNOT stand is the new Mitsubishi i-Miev electric. Impressive MPG, but sooo ugly. I kinda dislike the Nissan Leaf, too, but the ugliness doesn't compare with the Mitsubishi's.

I agree 100%. I guess the interior styling of the Nissan leaf is ok, but I don't like the exterior styling at all. I don't know why designers associate alternative energy vehicles with having to possess radically different designs.
I'd be much more happy with an electric car that looks and drives like a normal sedan or hatchback, and I share that opinion for the Prius and other energy efficient vehicles (though I actually kinda do like the look of the standard Prius...)

unknownuser
September 15th, 2014, 01:47 AM
I agree 100%. I guess the interior styling of the Nissan leaf is ok, but I don't like the exterior styling at all. I don't know why designers associate alternative energy vehicles with having to possess radically different designs.
I'd be much more happy with an electric car that looks and drives like a normal sedan or hatchback, and I share that opinion for the Prius and other energy efficient vehicles (though I actually kinda do like the look of the standard Prius...)

I'd say the Prius is one of the better-looking electric/efficient cars out there.

Just look at this list ---> http://www.plugincars.com/cars

Bleh, to most of those ^^^. The only remotely appealing ones in terms of looks to me are the Porsche and the VW Golf (but I'm kinda biased on that one because we own one).

PinkFloyd
September 15th, 2014, 11:20 PM

I think the reason car companies make electric cars/hybrids look really weird and different is mostly because generally, people that drive Priuses and Volts have this idea that they're saving the world and want to let people know. South Park actually did a pretty brilliant episode on it. But yeah it's "I drive a hybrid, therefor I'm saving the world! I must shove it in your face."