PDA

View Full Version : is this a mental disorder?

LoveLessOne
September 8th, 2014, 11:40 AM
My mom is really high strung and nervous all the time. She she is sad alot too. I didnt know if this was possiblu depression? Any ideas?

ksdnfkfr
September 8th, 2014, 02:23 PM
Could be mental....could just be emotional.

CosmicNoodle
September 9th, 2014, 05:10 PM
I suffer with depression...among a hoast of other....unusualitys....
The symptoms sound similar to mind, anxiety and low mood, may be,

mrpieface2
September 15th, 2014, 01:58 PM
This could be depression but I'm not completely sure. She has some symptoms of depression, but she could just be very emotional

Christen
September 15th, 2014, 02:11 PM
it could be depression as it has phases of high tension.
phases and such but before checking that she may try to make a blood check for hormones. my mom had a hyperactive thyroid that made her hypernervous.
since surgery it turned back to normal.

mental disorders are hard to cure maybe simpler to eliminate possible physical causes before going that direction

Karkat
September 15th, 2014, 02:38 PM
It seems like anxiety. I bet you anything that's what it is. In fact, this doesn't strike me personally as being depression as much. I feel like if she's really sad it COULD be possible, but anxiety can cause sadness too, so IMO, as someone who has dealt with both severe anxiety and severe depression, this sounds like a possible anxiety disorder.

Ben_Frost
September 15th, 2014, 05:18 PM
Doubt it is depression, if it was depression she wouldn't be nervous, she'd instead be sad most if not all the time without being able to enjoy anything not even her hobbies or things she used to enjoy, also she'd have a strong sense of hopelessness most of the time and uninterested in life. She must be suffering from anxiety.

SethfromMI
October 21st, 2014, 09:53 PM
seems like a combination of anxiety and depression

Hideous
October 21st, 2014, 09:55 PM
There's more to depression than just being sad, I feel like it could be anxiety.

amgb
December 8th, 2014, 07:16 PM
I think it's both depression and anxiety

RJx_Writer
December 14th, 2014, 07:29 PM
My mom is really high strung and nervous all the time. She she is sad alot too. I didnt know if this was possiblu depression? Any ideas?
There is no where near enough information here for anyone to tell if there's something wrong. If you're concerned talk to her about it.