PDA

View Full Version : Halluciinations and panic attacks

TheTurtleLives
September 1st, 2014, 01:53 AM
So i was told that hallucinations are connected to Anxiety...
I have always known to have anxiety, Severe anxiety I constantly get panic attacks.
my hallucinations have been coming and going but have had them really bad lately form hearing things now to seeing things and I'm scared I have tried breathing techniques I don't know much else to try, I don't like these..
I do however have a appointment on Friday with some mental health agency that can help me with things that are going on, I was thinking of asking for some help with it but what can they do what will they do(all of this makes me even more anxious *triggering*...)
But does anyone have any advice or anything for hallucinations?

CosmicNoodle
September 1st, 2014, 05:55 PM
I've had some experience with hallucinations before, really are not pleasant are they? In fact you could say thy suck rancid donkey penis.....
Anyhoo, I never found d a way to stop them, because I would have them, feak out because I was having them, consequently making them worse. The best thing you can do is explain the situation to the mental health team.

ksdnfkfr
September 1st, 2014, 07:09 PM
So i was told that hallucinations are connected to Anxiety...
I have always known to have anxiety, Severe anxiety I constantly get panic attacks.
my hallucinations have been coming and going but have had them really bad lately form hearing things now to seeing things and I'm scared I have tried breathing techniques I don't know much else to try, I don't like these..
I do however have a appointment on Friday with some mental health agency that can help me with things that are going on, I was thinking of asking for some help with it but what can they do what will they do(all of this makes me even more anxious *triggering*...)
But does anyone have any advice or anything for hallucinations?

I think you might have two separate issues here. I have generalized anxiety and mild schizophrenia. I don't think anxiety itself causes hallucinations. Lots of paranoia but not actually seeing and hearing things. But I could be wrong about that. I don't think there is really much you can do about hallucinations on your own. Medication helps and therapy helps. Learning about what exactly is wrong with you from mental heath experts who have examined you helps. getting help can be really tough at first and actually make the problem worse for a while....same with medication until it kicks in....but it's well worth it in the long run. Don't feel bad about yourself because of this!

Cisel
September 2nd, 2014, 02:00 AM
I would have auditory hallucinations when I got to my lowest points, anxiety as well. It just sort of went away when I started to get better. Not sure exactly what you can do on your own for it.