PDA

View Full Version : How amazing of a cook are you?

Remora
August 26th, 2014, 11:29 AM
Exactly. What is -in your opinion- the most complicated thing you'd ever baked, cooked, prepared or converted into something edible otherwise?

If you had to rate your cooking skills, what mark would you give yourself?

Hollywood
August 26th, 2014, 11:38 AM
If it comes in a can, I can probably cook it. Otherwise nope.

French toast is probably the most complicated thing I've ever thrown together, I've made it numerous times and I'm surprised I didn't burn the house down.

Oh, uh... I'd give myself a 3/10. Just barely not bad enough to keep the fire department on standby.

Remora
August 26th, 2014, 11:39 AM
If it comes in a can, I can probably cook it. Otherwise nope.

French toast is probably the most complicated thing I've ever thrown together, I've made it numerous times and I'm surprised I didn't burn the house down.

I tip my chef hat to you, kind sir.
How about the rating? :0

Blood
August 26th, 2014, 12:27 PM
I mean, I can chop vegetables and shit, and like make stuff that comes from a can, and I can sometimes fry foods if I give 110% of my attention to it.

So no, I can't really cook at all. I've tried making complex foods and everything winds up getting ruined. But where i lack my sister usually does not, and that's true in this case. She's an amazing cook, so she pretty much covers that area. I'll try to help her out and stuff but I usually just get in the way.

I'll never get married and have a family because I can't cook and my wife/husband/baby would starve to death.

Cooking skills: wheelchair bound quadriplegic/10.

Remora
August 26th, 2014, 12:29 PM
I mean, I can chop vegetables and shit, and like make stuff that comes from a can, and I can sometimes fry foods if I give 110% of my attention to it.

So no, I can't really cook at all. I've tried making complex foods and everything winds up getting ruined. But where i lack my sister usually does not, and that's true in this case. She's an amazing cook, so she pretty much covers that area. I'll try to help her out and stuff but I usually just get in the way.

I'll never get married and have a family because I can't cook and my wife/husband/baby would starve to death.

Cooking skills: wheelchair bound quadriplegic/10.

That's good. That's reassuring. You won't eat me.
I actually know a wheelchair bound quadriplegic with "okay" cooking skills.

Canned foods save everyones' asses, always.

Plane And Simple
August 26th, 2014, 12:42 PM
I can cook, it's just that I don't do it often, and so I'mnot as good as oen would expect. What I cook is alright though, just nothing fancy

Unde4dmau5
August 26th, 2014, 01:39 PM
I can cook some mean Ramen noodles. :P Jk but in all seriousness, I am not a cook, but I've helped my dad a few times I think the most complicated thing that I've cooked with him is cubed steak in an iron skillet.

Typhlosion
August 26th, 2014, 08:27 PM
I can make pasta!

1/10 No hope exists

Cognizant
August 26th, 2014, 11:36 PM
I'm pretty good at making baked goods, but my talent falls flat in pretty much every other preparation method. I can't even make a batch of pancakes without fucking up the first three.

5/10, could be a good addition to a bakery but you better not ask me to make homemade pasta :P

Abyssal Echo
August 26th, 2014, 11:53 PM
I'm a pretty good cook :) I've made a lot of casseroles, Spaghetti, Rotini, Quesadillas and couple of roasts.

Remora
August 27th, 2014, 12:47 AM
I'm great at making quiches and lasagna, but i'm also pretty good at making smoothies/milkshakes & awesome at preparing chicken (literally i can do almost everything with it.)

CharlieHorse
August 27th, 2014, 02:26 AM
i made a grilled cheese once

NeuroTiger
August 27th, 2014, 02:40 AM
I managed a delicious chicken biryani...yummy.
I know how to make nice noodles, spaghetti and some more.
So yeah...I'm confident of my cooking abilities but still need to fine-tuned them.

Feraligatr
August 27th, 2014, 11:01 AM
I suck at cooking

Melodic
August 28th, 2014, 04:02 AM
I can throw everything in a pan and still make it good.

Bigdon
August 29th, 2014, 10:20 PM
Pretty much all I can do is pizza, mac and cheese, ramen, and spaghetti. If I actually have to cook something than nope. Last time I tried to actually make anything it was muffins, and i ended up setting off the smoke alarm.

Taryn98
September 1st, 2014, 02:09 PM
I'm a terrible cook. Thankfully my mom is awesome or else I'd starve to death

Hideous
September 1st, 2014, 02:10 PM
2/10 :p

HeWhoTravelsTheWorld
September 1st, 2014, 03:08 PM
5/10.

TheN3rdyOutcast
September 1st, 2014, 05:36 PM
D+. I can bake, boil pasta, and cook certain meats but I can't guarantee that you won't end up with stomach problems afterward.

tyrfr
September 4th, 2014, 09:12 AM
2/10 :s

Remora
September 4th, 2014, 09:59 AM
2/10 :s

What kinds of stuff can you make?

playfull-qt
September 10th, 2014, 12:06 AM
5/10

Remora
September 12th, 2014, 11:06 AM
D+. I can bake, boil pasta, and cook certain meats but I can't guarantee that you won't end up with stomach problems afterward.

Pfft, stomach problems are overrated c:

CrazyPerson101
September 12th, 2014, 12:35 PM
Mehhh, I cook decent food 5-6 I guess, if its brownies you want then 100000000000000000000000000000/10 I make the BEST brownies :)

Ben_Frost
September 14th, 2014, 01:03 AM
According to my roommates, I have a 9/10. Whenever I cook they all enjoy it and compliment me on my gourmet dishes.

Leon03
September 14th, 2014, 02:17 AM
I don't cook often. But if we have Spaghetti with Sauce Bolognese at home my family wants me to cook it :)

Typho
September 14th, 2014, 04:03 AM
I can cook many sweet things like pancakes, cinnamon rolls and apple pie
But for dinner or lunch the only things I know are sphagetti and omelette

slopestyle
September 15th, 2014, 09:35 PM
I can cook pretty well :cool: I'm taking culinary in school and my cousin is a really talented chef and I help him out a lot with catering events on weekends and he's really shown me a LOT, much more than my culinary teacher has tbh. I freaking love making breakfast, things like breakfast burritos, hash browns, crepes, French toast... I'm getting better at making simple cream and tomato based sauces as long as they aren't complex. I'm pretty confident with meats too, my main tip for anyone is TEMP them ALWAYS. It's the easiest way to know if they're ready (at least whole pieces, ground meats are a different story)

It takes a lot of practice to get used to balancing flavors and spices when preparing anything savory or even sweet. Same goes for techniques, like sauté and grilling and of course heat control which varies with every source you're using :) heat conduction of whatever you're cooking the food in makes a huge difference too. When I think back to a couple years ago when I would decide to make anything it always turned out barely ok or I destroyed it :eek: I really don't know a whole lot other than what I've learned from my cousin and class, but I feel confident enough to make good food for friends and family :cool:

Oh yeah first post after lurking for a month or so :metal:

Karkat
September 24th, 2014, 08:10 PM
7/10. Able to prepare most recipes satisfactorily, able to save almost all recipes from being "eeewww" if screwed up.

Uranus
September 25th, 2014, 01:45 PM
I'm not sure. Great in my own personal opinion but to others that may be different. I'd say 8/10 or something around there

James Dean
October 8th, 2014, 04:23 AM
6/10.

Not too bad. I do know how to cook but I'm not perfect at it. I won't burn the food or the house down though. I like making special mashed potatoes the best. Secret recipe.

ForLackOfABetterUser
October 8th, 2014, 07:59 AM
A microwave is my best friend when it comes to food. The most complicated thing I have ever cooked is pasta with carbonara sauce. The pasta was kind of crunchy though...

Remora
October 11th, 2014, 01:16 AM
A microwave is my best friend when it comes to food. The most complicated thing I have ever cooked is pasta with carbonara sauce. The pasta was kind of crunchy though...

But pasta with carbonara sauce is delicious. c:

ForLackOfABetterUser
October 11th, 2014, 10:28 AM
But pasta with carbonara sauce is delicious. c:

To be honest, I'll eat most things put on my plate so I can't complain... xD

president1234
October 11th, 2014, 07:51 PM
I can barely make mac and cheese, without using too much of something, :| 3/10

caljon97
October 14th, 2014, 09:05 AM
Im hardly ever arrogant but when i comes to cooking im the best. I will cook what ever you want. Duck or chicken or beef or pheasant or pigeon. I dont care what you want aslong as you pay for the ingredients, i will cook it therefore i give myself grade a******************************************************************************* ******************************************************************************** ******************************************************************************** ******************************************************************************** **********************

sebastianb
November 18th, 2014, 10:41 PM
Im a pretty decent cook

Batman42
November 28th, 2014, 07:00 PM
Eggs haha lol

xXl0sth0peXx
November 29th, 2014, 06:46 PM
I'm a culinary arts major.. so. I'd say I'm fairly good. But I've got room to grow.