PDA

View Full Version : Accepted unanswered thread section

Broken Toy
August 24th, 2014, 06:42 PM
i think it would be helpful to have a link that could bring up any unanswered threads because sometimes a thread could get left and then it could go off the front page and a lot less people are likely to see it so someone could stay without an answer

TheN3rdyOutcast
August 24th, 2014, 06:43 PM
I second this idea! :thumbsup:

Broken Toy
August 24th, 2014, 06:57 PM
oh yeahhh i got seconded

StoppingTime
August 24th, 2014, 08:03 PM
This is already possible with the following steps. See link information in my next post, or click here (http://virtualteen.org/forums/search.php?do=process&titleonly=0&replyless=1&replylimit=0)

1. Click "Search"

2. Click "Advanced Search"

3. To search all forums for threads with 0 replies:

3a. Change "At least 0 Replies" to "At most 0 replies"

3b. Select how old you want the thread to be

3c. Click Search

____

4. If you'd like to only search specific forums, click them on the righthand side, and control click to search multiple forums, then follow the above steps.

Here is an example, and what it returns:

http://i.imgur.com/PXSzb2w.png

http://i.imgur.com/yLLaS9G.png

Typhlosion
August 24th, 2014, 08:15 PM
Please note: Even if a thread hasn't been answered, bumps greater than two months are not allowed.

Also note: If and only if the un-answered thread is yours, you may bump it past the two-month period.

StoppingTime
August 24th, 2014, 08:32 PM
Addition: Here (http://virtualteen.org/forums/search.php?do=process&titleonly=0&replyless=1&replylimit=0) is a link that will do everything I did above (search all forums for threads with at most zero replies). I would personally be in favour of adding this to the search drop-down menu :)

http://virtualteen.org/forums/search.php?do=process&titleonly=0&replyless=1&replylimit=0&searchdate=60

Luminous
August 24th, 2014, 08:40 PM
Yeah, I'd also like it added to the search drop down menu. I wouldn't use it all the time, but I can see how it would be helpful and could get more traffic in new threads.

Broken Toy
August 24th, 2014, 09:49 PM
thanks guys. so i guess since i found out there is a way ill just say im in favor of it being in the dropdown menu

xXl0sth0peXx
August 26th, 2014, 11:09 AM
I will voice my support for this. I think it could be beneficial. (this does not mean it will happen.. but it means I support it lol)

ImCoolBeans
September 2nd, 2014, 12:05 PM
There is now a "Quick Link" for unanswered posts in the last two months (in all sections) in the "Quick Links" menu in the navbar. Thanks for the suggestion!

Cognizant
September 2nd, 2014, 06:24 PM
There is now a "Quick Link" for unanswered posts in the last two months (in all sections) in the "Quick Links" menu in the navbar. Thanks for the suggestion!

Maybe it's just me, but the forum won't let me use it. Whenever I click it acts like I've logged out and am trying to view a restricted area (e.g. it reverts the theme to Forever blue, says I'm not logged in, and gives me the "You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons" message)

StoppingTime
September 2nd, 2014, 06:54 PM
Maybe it's just me, but the forum won't let me use it. Whenever I click it acts like I've logged out and am trying to view a restricted area (e.g. it reverts the theme to Forever blue, says I'm not logged in, and gives me the "You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons" message)

Not sure why that'd be, I just tested it and it's fine for me. Are you set to "remember me?"

Cognizant
September 2nd, 2014, 07:06 PM
Not sure why that'd be, I just tested it and it's fine for me. Are you set to "remember me?"

I am on both my laptop and desktop. I just tried on my desktop and it worked, but it reset the theme o.O

ImCoolBeans
September 2nd, 2014, 09:52 PM

That is strange. I'm going to look into it further.

Is anybody else having this issue?

ksdnfkfr
September 2nd, 2014, 11:44 PM
That's awesome. Bet I'll find something interesting to reply to.

CassnovA
September 3rd, 2014, 01:20 AM
Yea the link takes me to a log in page too

Gamma Male
September 3rd, 2014, 09:56 PM
I'm having the same issue. It redirects me to a screen with the default theme and says I'm not logged in.

Typhlosion
September 3rd, 2014, 10:03 PM
In that case, just log-in and you'll be able to access the options.

On a further note, I also have this problem when I open a link to VT from a source beyond the site. The theme starts as your default (if I change it from default, it will stay changed, regardless if it was already changed within the sambe browser) and continues different until I refresh the page.