PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal?

cannoma
August 23rd, 2014, 05:45 PM
My mother most of the time talks trash about me and she is never pleased with what I do. She does it in a subtle way but that makes it hurt more. It has come to the point where I would like to commit suicide if it weren't for my baby bro. She hits as well when she gets angry. I'm not the perfect child but I can't help but feel very insecure and lonely right now. I don't feel any love from her even when she buys me nice things. I feel like reporting her but then who will take care of my brother. I'm so lost. I need help.

Broken Toy
August 24th, 2014, 09:54 PM
no thats not normal.
a parent not being pleased with a childs choices is normal. never being pleased isnt and is cruel for your psychological well being.
talking trash as a joke is normal. most of the time is like mental abuse. i really think you should try and seek help through a therapist or if you can try to get her to see (while keeping her cal so she doesnt hit you) that what she is doing is harming you

satarra3180
August 24th, 2014, 10:34 PM
My mother most of the time talks trash about me and she is never pleased with what I do. She does it in a subtle way but that makes it hurt more. It has come to the point where I would like to commit suicide if it weren't for my baby bro. She hits as well when she gets angry. I'm not the perfect child but I can't help but feel very insecure and lonely right now. I don't feel any love from her even when she buys me nice things. I feel like reporting her but then who will take care of my brother. I'm so lost. I need help.

It does not sound normal and you certainly do not deserve to be treated as what you do and who you are does not matter. Considering how your mom is making you feel, your feel of insecurity are normal. How old are you? CIs there anyone at school you can talk to about this? You would benefit from finding someone who you can tell some of your feelings to who maybe can help.