View Full Version : My Poor Dog!

August 23rd, 2014, 02:46 PM
My dad and mom bought me some doggy clippers, and told me to cut my dog's hair. Needless to say, he looks absolutely horrible. So far, about half of my dog's hair is absolutely shaved to the skin and half is still scruffy, but he looks happy. I feel bad, will his hair grow back? I'll post pics, later.

August 23rd, 2014, 03:20 PM
It will grow back. It just takes a while.

August 23rd, 2014, 03:36 PM
Don't worry it will grow back

August 23rd, 2014, 03:40 PM
It will grown back same as with people

August 23rd, 2014, 04:19 PM
Don't worry it'll grow back. I don't reccomdend shaving dogs though. Their hair/fur protectants them from the sun (skincancer), and it keeps them warm.

August 23rd, 2014, 04:31 PM
I think dogs are, by nature, generally happy creatures for the most part. His hair will grow back, definitely.

September 30th, 2014, 05:30 PM
Yea. I heard fish oil pills from WalMart,CVs,Walgreens,ECT helps their hair grow quicker. Just slip it in a piece of bread

September 30th, 2014, 05:35 PM
It''l grown back, and dogs are happy no matter what, as far as I can tell it's impossible for them not to be. Allow me to demonstarate

My dog was once hit by a car, 30 seconds later he was ewaging his tale and jumping around as if nothing had happened.

It's impossible for them to be sad.

James Dean
October 1st, 2014, 02:55 AM
Yeah my aunt had a maltese and she would take it to the groomers once a month. His hair grew back kinda fast.

October 12th, 2014, 09:21 AM
it will grow back. dogs are not worried about stuff like that. next time if you want, try to take it into a groomer or a friend/family member who has more experience doing that. but yea, it will grow back and it doesn't sound like it was hurt in anyway

October 12th, 2014, 09:54 AM
As long as you didn't hurt the skin, he'll be fine- if you did, you need to get a vet to treat it so he doesn't get it infected. Otherwise, he should be fine.

October 16th, 2014, 06:21 PM
The hair will grow back but dogs can be sad. My dog got caught under the fourwheeler and cut her skin on the side of her face down to her jaw and led everyhwere and today, my grandma accendetly ran her over with the car so, we're taking her to the vet tomorrow. Dogs can be sad but I don't htink he'll be sad if you shave his fur :p