PDA

View Full Version : adhd contributing to depression?

Broken Toy
August 22nd, 2014, 10:11 PM
so i havent got medically diagnosed adhd but im pretty sure i have it as im generally hyper excitable, have short attention span and my mind jumps and wanders all over. also a lot of people ask me if i have it.

is it possible that if i have adhd that could be the reason my mind leaps around and jumps to subjects which make me feel down because that happens a lot, where ill be happy one minute then my thoughts just jump off and im suddenly getting really down.

opinions?

Miserabilia
September 26th, 2014, 05:14 PM
I feel similar but I couoldn't really tell because, like you, i've never been diagnosed with Adhd. I generaly have a short attention span with things that don't interest me and I'm an extremely fast and over thinker which just like you gets me down.

Karkat
October 2nd, 2014, 07:48 PM
You know, I've never felt my ADHD and my depression were related like that. I've always felt like the way they connected was that my inability to focus just made me more irritable and took a major hit to my motivation. I always feel like doing things are pointless because I can't stop my mind from wandering, or get it tied down to what I'm doing.