View Full Version : Extremely reliant on having friends, but I can't make friends

August 19th, 2014, 01:17 AM
I was really depressed today. It was the first day of high school and that was one reason, but the other reason was that I am uncomfortable not having friends. I have no one I can really talk to and just enjoy their presence. I don't know how to approach people. I want to talk to girls but I have no idea how. I get so nervous and it kills me inside. I need to change, but I don't know how. I not only want to talk to girls, just mainly girls are the people I have problems with. I enjoy having girl friends that I can just talk to and be comforted by. Guys aren't really good at that; however, I do have some guy friends. Anyways, it would really mean a lot if someone could help me out here.

Broken Toy
August 19th, 2014, 12:54 PM
i think you need to give high school more time. you will probably start making friends with people near you in classes after some time. you just need to keep your spirits up and hopefully you will get to know the people around you in school better. sorry i couldnt be more help

Living For Love
August 21st, 2014, 04:50 AM
It was just the first day, you need to wait till people start to notice you and, who knows, approach you, say hi, and then a friendship can develop from there. The thing is, most people probably already had their friendships before entering high school, but in the case, I'd suggest you either approach people who are a bit lonely like you or smaller groups of people with same interests. You just need to have confidence, and take things slowly. Let people know you, start talking if you know a lot about the subject they're talking about, and you will be fine.