PDA

View Full Version : He's beating me up again and I can't do nothing.

Dalcourt
August 16th, 2014, 08:51 PM
I guess the title says it all...my Dad started beating me up again.
Stupid me really hoped it would get a bit better, my Dad not taking drugs anymore and all...he wasn't that angry and acting crazy. It was mainly just slapping me and stuff, but now all went downhill again.
He'd been beating me up in earnest again...I feel like total shit, my whole body is in pain. Dunno if he seriously hurt me or not, a rib may be cracked but I'm not sure yet...

Still, no matter what I can't bring myself to report him. I feel like I'm paralyzed .... I'm not able to act against him. I dunno I always hope it will stop somehow someday. Why am I that naive? Am I some stupid masochist as a former classmate suggested once? What's wrong with me? I love him and don't want anything happen to him but how can I stop him from hurting me?
I'm so sick of it all.

Blood
August 16th, 2014, 09:12 PM
Hey, you're not stupid. Your only problem is that you love him too much to do what's best for yourself. Your dad most likely isn't going to permanently stop beating you. You need to report him. I know you love him because he's all you have, but he's consistantly hurting you and that's not right.

I know you really don't want to report him so the only othe advice I can offer you is to distance yourself from him as much as possible.

JustJordan
August 18th, 2014, 02:31 PM
Reporting him is the best possible outcome for the two of you. If you love him and love yourself you will report him and hope and pray(if you are religious) for a change in him.

Mastretta
August 18th, 2014, 09:55 PM
I think if you have a family member you can trust tell them first and try to see if you can live with a friend or family member first, if not report him but make sure to try to find a close person stay with because most likely you may be put in a group home but it's still better than suffering abuse, or you may get family cousoling which is the best thing because you guys can build a relationship but it will be hard for your dad to communicate his feelings. Remember to stay safe and if you wanna talk just PM me
-Lamborghini

fast8
August 18th, 2014, 10:02 PM
You need to report him to help him so he can get help

TheN3rdyOutcast
August 18th, 2014, 10:18 PM
Tell someone and have them report him, I understand that you love him, but do you want to live in a purgatory where you're not even safe in your own house? You need to do this, for your own sake, and his too.

PinkFloyd
August 18th, 2014, 10:24 PM
As everyone else is saying, even though you love him and you don't want anything bad to happen to happen to him, you have to be strong and realize that it's the best option. Your dad has a major problem and it needs it be fixed.

Good luck with everything. If you want to PM me, I'm available.

Dalcourt
August 22nd, 2014, 12:12 PM
I think if you have a family member you can trust tell them first and try to see if you can live with a friend or family member first, if not report him but make sure to try to find a close person stay with because most likely you may be put in a group home but it's still better than suffering abuse, or you may get family cousoling which is the best thing because you guys can build a relationship but it will be hard for your dad to communicate his feelings. Remember to stay safe and if you wanna talk just PM me
-Lamborghini

Tell someone and have them report him, I understand that you love him, but do you want to live in a purgatory where you're not even safe in your own house? You need to do this, for your own sake, and his too.

As everyone else is saying, even though you love him and you don't want anything bad to happen to happen to him, you have to be strong and realize that it's the best option. Your dad has a major problem and it needs it be fixed.

Good luck with everything. If you want to PM me, I'm available.

Thanks to all of you for your advice. Problem is, I don't really have any other family I could or want to live with and I honestly don't feel like going back to a foster family or home...it was always bad in the past.

I guess I have just to live with the whole thing till I'm old enough to get out.

Mastretta
August 22nd, 2014, 09:32 PM
Thanks to all of you for your advice. Problem is, I don't really have any other family I could or want to live with and I honestly don't feel like going back to a foster family or home...it was always bad in the past.

I guess I have just to live with the whole thing till I'm old enough to get out.

I understand; just try to avoid him at all cost, try to stay out of the house and maybe stay at a friends house until you its time to go sleep, also try to find to find someone to vent to (I'm always here), and always remember it's not your fault. Stay strong :).