PDA

View Full Version : Hiking

ImCoolBeans
August 15th, 2014, 12:24 AM
Does anybody else enjoy hiking? I love being outside, in the wilderness. When I was a boy scout we used to do a lot of hiking, but lately I haven't done much. I still go here and there, but not as much.

What is the longest distance you've hiked? I did about 18 miles once.

Abyssal Echo
August 15th, 2014, 12:29 AM
I love to be outside and go hiking through the woods. sadly there's not many places here to go hiking.

ksdnfkfr
August 15th, 2014, 12:31 AM
I love hiking. Used to a lot at Red Rock and Mt. Charleston near Vegas which i've posted pics of. Here in Snohomish co Washington there is some really good hiking I'm sure. I love being in the woods. Not sure how far I've hiked. Maybe 5 miles, which is a lot for me. I'm thinking of joining the scouts.

Cognizant
August 15th, 2014, 02:49 AM
I love hiking up in the foothills of the Santa Cruz Mountains. I haven't done it in a while though, mostly because I'm a coward and I'm terrified I'm going to run into a mountain lion or something.

CosmicNoodle
August 15th, 2014, 03:30 AM
I love it, I once went 24 miles. It nearly freaking killed me.

Country Cowboy
September 7th, 2014, 07:15 PM
I LOVE HIKING! THAT IS MY LIFE! I don't know the longest I've hiked though.

Luminous
September 7th, 2014, 07:34 PM
I love hiking, but I've never been on any big trips or anything like that because my mom has a bad ankle and my dad's too... lazy, I guess is the right word here. I'm sure I'll go on hikes in the future, though. I enjoy it more for the sightseeing and the experience of practically being out in "the wild" rather than the length, so I honestly don't see myself going more than maybe 5 miles.

LoveLessOne
September 7th, 2014, 09:38 PM
i think my group and i went about 10 miles there and back

JimmyP
September 17th, 2014, 02:08 PM
I love it! I live in the Rockies and my family is very big out mountain sports. My dad moved the family west from Indiana so we could live in the mountains. I've gone hiking in Yellowstone, Rocky Mountain National Park (CO), Glacier National Park (MT), The San Juans (CO), The Tetons (WY), and my personal favorite range The Beartooth Mountains (MT/WY) among other areas. The best is mid to late spring when you can take your skis with you and climb a peak and ski down.

The farthest I've ever gone in one day is probably 8 miles. We were off trail just navigating with a map and a compass to find a path between two lakes. Lots of elevation change and scrambling up and down rock walls with our 40 lb packs. Probably the best backpacking trip of my life.

Horatio Nelson
September 17th, 2014, 03:03 PM
I love hiking, but I don't necessarily set out to do it. It just happens to be a part of my favorite activity.

Karkat
October 9th, 2014, 05:35 PM
I like hikes in the mountains. If it's too hot, I'm somewhat reluctant to go. (I love the heat- JUST so long as I'm not exercising in it. :| )

I think the longest hike I've been on was 12 miles, north of Durango, CO. BEAUTIFUL place.

James Dean
October 10th, 2014, 03:54 AM
I do enjoy it. I went out to the Angeles National Forest as a school trip recently and I had a great time. Just wear the right shoes and drink plenty of water. You'll be fine.

EvanJay
October 16th, 2014, 08:41 AM
my friends and i go hiking on trails nearby my house and theres this cool place to go hiking to the top of the mountain..it's called Cowles Mtn...once you read to the top..you can see everything..even the pacific ocean

CrazyPerson101
October 16th, 2014, 06:04 PM
I love hiking, its fun :) only thing I don't like is not having a place to take a number 2# and my feet hurt after a while ( ankle injuries ) and I have to sit down and there isn't a decent place for me to.

chrisawesome
October 16th, 2014, 07:26 PM
I love hiking, its fun :) only thing I don't like is not having a place to take a number 2# and my feet hurt after a while ( ankle injuries ) and I have to sit down and there isn't a decent place for me to.

I don't see a problem in finding a place to shit, but how do you wipe?

CrazyPerson101
October 16th, 2014, 07:29 PM
I don't see a problem in finding a place to shit, but how do you wipe?

Another perk about hiking :/ I wouldn't want to use leaves cause with my luck, itd be posion Ivy :/

BeachBlonde
October 16th, 2014, 09:27 PM
I love being outside. For me, I don't care how hot it gets outside, I always like doing something (hiking, swimming, etc.) outside.

Wyatt 13
October 18th, 2014, 09:20 AM
As a family we love hiking

SethfromMI
October 18th, 2014, 09:36 AM
I enjoy going hiking. I don't go super often, but I do like to go

lonely_gay_boy
January 27th, 2015, 08:43 PM
I love hiking, its one of my favorite hobbies (:

Typhlosion
January 31st, 2015, 03:00 AM
I love hiking, its one of my favorite hobbies (:

Please do not post in threads with over two months of inactivity.

:locked: