PDA

View Full Version : Was this abuse...?

Blood_Thorn
August 12th, 2014, 01:41 AM
I used to be a part of a youth group quite a few years ago, in which I didn't really have many friends. One of those friends had always seemed nice, except that they weren't really. After a while, they started to act all weird and become more touchy. Which eventuated in them doing things such as touching me inappropriately, and trying to grope me, rubbing up against me, and even sometimes holding me down and rubbing up behind me.I always hated it and it made me feel disgusting... This went on for quite a bit while I was still part of the group, because I had been to scared to tell anyone. I no longer am part of it, or have been anymore, but just thinking about it makes me feel horrid, and I often get nightmares about the whole thing, and have been extremely averse to touch since then. I hav only told a single trustworthy friend about it, and they said I should tell someone... and they also suggested that it could have contributed to my sexuality and gender identity (I'm asexual and agender, and often wish to remove all the distinguishing physical traits of my biological gender), though I'm not too sure that it did... But anyway, thanks to anyone who reads this, and does this count as abuse...? Or am I just overthinking it all...? and should I tell someone...?

ksdnfkfr
August 12th, 2014, 02:15 AM
Yes I believe it counts as abuse because the effect it had on you is obviously really bad. And you said the contact was inappropriate. The whole thing has abuse written all over it and you are suffering exactly what kids who are abused this way suffer. I think counseling would help you a lot. I know here I live there's a place were abuse kids / young adults can go to talk to someone who helps with that. Good luck to you. Try to remember that you did nothing wrong.

CosmicNoodle
August 12th, 2014, 02:42 AM
Yes I believe it counts as abuse because the effect it had on you is obviously really bad. And you said the contact was inappropriate. The whole thing has abuse written all over it and you are suffering exactly what kids who are abused this way suffer. I think counseling would help you a lot. I know here I live there's a place were abuse kids / young adults can go to talk to someone who helps with that. Good luck to you. Try to remember that you did nothing wrong.

Yup ^
Sound like abuse to me, like Ezra said, counseling may help you some what.

Stars_
August 16th, 2014, 06:50 PM
Yes. Indubitably. Abuse doesn't have to really physically hurt for it to be abuse. If you dont want someone touching you, they do not touch you; end of discussion.

raydavid11
August 25th, 2014, 01:42 AM
Yup, It count in Abuse. if you hurt with these things it is really bad and inappropriate.You should tell someone about the matter.

lemondrop
August 25th, 2014, 04:08 PM
Yes that was abuse

LoveLessOne
September 8th, 2014, 10:51 AM
I would say it was abuse since it seems to have left a bad effect on you. The fact that you feel disgusting after being touched in such an innapropriant manner

Jaseblader
September 17th, 2014, 03:54 PM
I used to be a part of a youth group quite a few years ago, in which I didn't really have many friends. One of those friends had always seemed nice, except that they weren't really. After a while, they started to act all weird and become more touchy. Which eventuated in them doing things such as touching me inappropriately, and trying to grope me, rubbing up against me, and even sometimes holding me down and rubbing up behind me.I always hated it and it made me feel disgusting... This went on for quite a bit while I was still part of the group, because I had been to scared to tell anyone. I no longer am part of it, or have been anymore, but just thinking about it makes me feel horrid, and I often get nightmares about the whole thing, and have been extremely averse to touch since then. I hav only told a single trustworthy friend about it, and they said I should tell someone... and they also suggested that it could have contributed to my sexuality and gender identity (I'm asexual and agender, and often wish to remove all the distinguishing physical traits of my biological gender), though I'm not too sure that it did... But anyway, thanks to anyone who reads this, and does this count as abuse...? Or am I just overthinking it all...? and should I tell someone...?

Yes it is abuse and I think you are just overthinking just a little bit

Luisss
September 22nd, 2014, 12:45 AM
Yes this abuse especially if you hated it. If he/she touched your genitalia that also counts as molestation I believe.

Pacaveli
October 14th, 2014, 07:05 AM
Yes, that certainly counts as abuse, most likely sexual abuse.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_abuse

Amy123
October 27th, 2014, 05:49 PM
If you dident like it then it was abuse

ThePhantasm
November 5th, 2014, 06:34 PM
Its totally abuse...

amybah
February 4th, 2015, 10:04 AM
In my opinion is considered abuse. this negatively marked your life . You did well to tell a trusted friend

Luminous
February 4th, 2015, 11:14 AM
In my opinion is considered abuse. this negatively marked your life . You did well to tell a trusted friend

Please don't post in threads that have been inactive for 2 months or more. :locked: