PDA

View Full Version : Private Messaging

Baseball1999
August 11th, 2014, 11:04 PM
Sometimes it's a little difficult to message and reply to posts at the same time on VT. Maybe you can implement something like Facebook has where the chat is off over to the side of the screen? Thanks! :)

Blood
August 11th, 2014, 11:07 PM
Why not just keep two tabs open, one for browsing the forums and one for PMing?

Meganium
August 11th, 2014, 11:09 PM
I see where you're going, and there's no problem with it, but it doesn't seem like the PM system was meant to work like a chat window. Whatever needs to be said can be said with the way it's formatted now. Doing this is just... unnecessary.

This would work fine. Just reload your tabs.

Baseball1999
August 11th, 2014, 11:35 PM

Never thought of that :)

Silicate Wielder
August 12th, 2014, 03:10 PM
Yeah the Private Messaging system wasnt meant to be integrated as a feature like FB's messaging system is for it's website.

Karkat
September 25th, 2014, 05:12 PM
PM is rather different than member to member chat. Most sites don't really have anything set up like Facebook does. I don't even know if that's possible on vBulletin, in fact.

CosmicNoodle
September 25th, 2014, 06:56 PM
It would be slightly cool, but I like it the way it is, goives you more toime to think and write, if it was I,M I'd not be able to use it, for instance I cant function in the chat room, but PM'ing worrks perfectly for me.

lovelycaleb
September 26th, 2014, 06:25 AM
if your a Chrome or Chrome OS user you can install an Easy Refresh extention and tell it to refresh your PM tab every 1 minute. If youre on a Chromebook, you can drag a tab out of the browers and put the forums and your PM page side-by-side natively.

xXEverReadyXx
September 26th, 2014, 09:33 AM
if your a Chrome or Chrome OS user you can install an Easy Refresh extention and tell it to refresh your PM tab every 1 minute.

I completely forgot Chrome had that xD
Thanx for the reminder

lovelycaleb
September 26th, 2014, 09:40 AM
glad to help!

JamesSuperBoy
September 26th, 2014, 03:09 PM
Sometimes it's a little difficult to message and reply to posts at the same time on VT. Maybe you can implement something like Facebook has where the chat is off over to the side of the screen? Thanks! :)

If you open USER CP and select edit option

"If you are browsing the forums when you receive a new private message, the system can pop-up a notification box informing you of the new message."
You can untick the option to have new Pm in pop out.