what kind of weight issues have you guys had

Typhlosion
August 10th, 2014, 10:42 PM
Please post in the correct forums. ~Typhlosion

Introductions :arrow: Eating Disorders

Croconaw
August 11th, 2014, 04:57 AM
I was underweight at one point, but I'm normal now.

xXl0sth0peXx
August 11th, 2014, 08:57 AM
Fat fat fat fat and disgusting. That's just what I always have been.

By that bullshit bmi scale, I guess you could say I've been borderline obese and borderline underweight, and I won't say what it is now (hint: it's not the first one) but frankly it's not true. It's a fake scale.

Everyone here is beautiful, no matter what. Love yourself. :heart:

Armor_King
August 11th, 2014, 06:17 PM
My body image is a big part of my depression. I try to eat good but nothing works.

CrazyPerson101
August 12th, 2014, 12:01 AM

Well Im 5"4 & 1/2 and I weigh 87 pounds, I've always wighed at least 20 pounds underweight for just about all my life, when I get stressed, I really start losing weight so I don't know if its a really a issue but it could be... I don't eat as much as I used to ( I mean I eat but not as much as I used to )

phuckphace
August 12th, 2014, 01:48 AM
I was underweight when I was a kid and for a couple of years after puberty but it eventually sorted itself out and bulked up.

CosmicNoodle
August 12th, 2014, 02:51 AM
I have a little extra weight I could drop, but not much

backjruton
August 12th, 2014, 07:51 AM
From constant stress and anxiety i've ended up eating a LOT... last I saw I weighed 19 stone and I don't know about in pounds but even I know just losing 3 stone of that could help and due to the random freakouts I seem to be having and even more recently, I don't think there's much chance of that happening because I can't even bring myself to leave the house right now... :whoops:

Ben_Frost
August 23rd, 2014, 09:02 AM
I used to be quite skinny, then I became obese, and now I'm back to my normal weight, though I have some more pounds I'd like to burn off. I got sick of fat shaming so I finally decided to do something about my weight.

Dennis98
August 23rd, 2014, 10:07 AM
I used to be very very skinny until 2-3 years ago ... Now I weight about 105kg , but it is not so bad , because I am really tall ( 192cm ) ...

lemondrop
August 23rd, 2014, 03:43 PM
When i was a kid i was too skinny now i am normal, looking fit

CuteGuy889
August 23rd, 2014, 08:51 PM
.....When I was 13/14 I was stick skinny. I had a small girlish face, puny body, limbs were virtual sticks and I was bullied too..by 16 puberty hit & within lyk 1.5 yrs my waist gone from 25 in to 36, face has plumped up and not girlish anymore, thighs are chunky and now the rub together!!!, I got a nice bubble butt too....and I have gone from 48 kg to 65 kg at 5 foot 11.........downside is I have a hint of a tummy roll, cannot run etc like when I was skinny, and have sm man-boobies....But I really enjoy my plumpy body to my skinny body I used to have........so says my GF also.
Besides I have now got proper body proportions so all clothes from briefs to tee shirts hang on me better.
Still I look slender and underweight compared to all other guys. If I take my clothes off only one can see my untoned body and belly roll.

Connormann
August 24th, 2014, 03:36 PM
Shoot... I have been a lot of places when I think about my weight.. 6th grade, in the 90 lbs range, seventh grade, 140 lbs range... But during that same time period I was very uncomfortable.. I know, it isn't anything dramatic.. I just simply did't have any self esteem.. I still don't.. But in the seventh grade I lost nearly 30 pounds in just a few weeks.. And by the 8th grade, I was back up to around 128.. Freshman year, I was about 145, and by my sophomore year, I was 5'9" and 165, and I stayed there while I grew to 5'11". And recently I have went back into being borderline anorexic, I've lost 15 pounds... Hopefully I will get back to 130.. I Just want the abs, and the body I had years ago..

Yugen
August 26th, 2014, 01:41 PM
Underweight. I've almost always been below, although I used to think I was fat if I'd hit the normal mark.

Cisel
August 26th, 2014, 02:39 PM
I was really fat when I was younger and got bullied for it which led to a lot of body image issues. It came off a bit as I got older and I started working out a lot and changed my diet in an effort to lose weight and lost 15 pounds since February of this year. I'm 5'7" and 150 pounds but according to my BMI I'm obese -_-

Rania
August 26th, 2014, 03:21 PM
When i was a kid i was too skinny now i am normal, looking fit

I am 49 kg for 1.64 m, people usually ask me if I'm a,model.. Do i look really skinny?

lemondrop
August 26th, 2014, 04:09 PM
Its pretty skinny

Tyson S
August 27th, 2014, 02:45 AM
I am about average weight

Dark_Desires
August 29th, 2014, 08:21 PM
I was a healthy weight as a kid but then when i got Type 1 Diabetes i got a bit overweight then when Puberty hit i became skinny and a healthy Weight.

My body is weird i can starve myself and be super stressed and not lose any weight or i can overeat to the point of throwing up and never gain weight.

Karkat
October 10th, 2014, 02:58 AM
I've only been in the normal BMI range for roughly 3-6 months of my life, aside from maaaaybe the youngest part of childhood and birth. I was never so underweight that it was a medical concern, partially because A. half the doctors I went to were idiots, and B. The time I was at my worst was also when I was most isolated from medical care.

I was 85lb at 15 because of drinking habits, eating habits, and muscular atrophy. My body was beginning to eat away at itself.

I've never been overweight.

Mob Boss
October 10th, 2014, 03:46 AM
Good to hear you are now a healthy weight. I think nearly everyone experiences noticeable weight fluctuations. And even though I feel your last sentence was simply to show that your body has a mind of it's own, I wouldn't recommend starving or binging to the point of puking. Stay healthy, yo.

Yolanda0520
December 2nd, 2014, 01:21 AM
i want to lose weight but i think it had better exercise

Lulex
December 4th, 2014, 01:50 PM
I'm normalweight, and i've been severely underweight.
Also, I've been at a weight which I used to find 'chubby' (It wasn't, I was BMI 20-21. That's body dismorphia guys.).

wonderland
December 4th, 2014, 02:02 PM
I'm currently overweight and although I have been trying to loose weight for the past few years it's never came to anything.

geraldgreen12
December 5th, 2014, 04:46 AM
I'm average weight too!

amgb
January 1st, 2015, 05:15 AM
I'm average weight as well but I'm not happy with it : (

Abhorrence
January 1st, 2015, 10:51 AM
I used to be really underweight, like up until last year I was always underweight especially for my height. Now I'm a healthy weight, still on the lower side but my BMI is healthy now. I literally just never used to eat, I didn't like food at all.

thetransylvanianguy
January 1st, 2015, 11:01 AM
I am currently in the 'normal' range of weight,I try to keep eating healthy foods as much as possible (temptation is everywhere! sometimes,I don't resist it either...). Junk food (like hamburgers or any other processed foods) is a 'privilege' I enjoy once in months,though. If a teen has health issues like diabetes,I would advise him/her to go to a doctor in order to obtain a nutrition plan.

thedillestofpickles
January 1st, 2015, 11:08 AM
I was really fat when I was younger and got bullied for it which led to a lot of body image issues. It came off a bit as I got older and I started working out a lot and changed my diet in an effort to lose weight and lost 15 pounds since February of this year. I'm 5'7" and 150 pounds but according to my BMI I'm obese -_-

This, unfortunately, is not true. I have reasons to back it up.
a) I've calculated your BMI; 23.5. A normal BMI is anywhere from 18-24.9. Obesity is anywhere from 30 and above.
b) I, at 13, myself am also standing at a height of 5'7" and weigh 170 pounds. I have a BMI of 26.6, which, matter-of-factly, is just a bit over the "overweight" category.

All the best wishes,
TheDillestOfPickles

Ninni
January 9th, 2015, 12:14 PM
i was allways on normal weight, till i quit gymnastics, i became quite chubby, but i do a lot of other sports now an am severely underweight and i feel fine

twirlgurl
January 11th, 2015, 11:11 PM
Here's my typical sisters rant (she's a personal trainer) that ive heard 1,000,000 times:

When it come to fitness and health, Weight doesnt matter - size matters!! If you look in the mirror, you arent seeing weight, you are seeing size. Size also doesnt fluxuate as much as weight, so you remain happy about yourself longer. So when you're thinking about "health and fitness" -- Measure your SIZE and ignore weight.

BMI is kind of a misleading scale and its about a century old too. I think we've advanced a bit since then. lol. Someone that is physically strong would also have a higher then "normal" range BMI because of lean muscle. A pregnant woman and a 250 lb body builder guy with like 4% body fat would both be called "obese" according to BMI.

Plus someone in a healthly BMI range could be a completely UN-fit couch potato. So...its not about health either. its just "average" number that is pretty meaningless when it comes to health.

CharlieHorse
January 11th, 2015, 11:44 PM
I've always been a little overweight, not so much. 10-20 pounds.
I am pretty muscular though (underneath a layer of "soft" as i say :P). I have a short body and long legs. (6' even) Most of my weight is in leg muscle and fat. I seem pretty normal as a whole I suppose.

I have found my weight to be really stubborn. I can eat a lot and not gain anything, or I can diet for a few months and lose nothing.
I don't worry about my weight much.

twirlgurl
January 12th, 2015, 10:08 PM
Why diet at all? Just work out. like lifting and stuff.

Cisel
January 14th, 2015, 10:16 PM
This, unfortunately, is not true. I have reasons to back it up.
a) I've calculated your BMI; 23.5. A normal BMI is anywhere from 18-24.9. Obesity is anywhere from 30 and above.
b) I, at 13, myself am also standing at a height of 5'7" and weigh 170 pounds. I have a BMI of 26.6, which, matter-of-factly, is just a bit over the "overweight" category.

All the best wishes,
TheDillestOfPickles

Yes, I understand now. In my fitness gram I was in the 99th percentile for my age group. At that time I was 165 pounds, but that still shouldn't classify as obese (?)

TheN3rdyOutcast
January 14th, 2015, 10:26 PM
I've never been under or averageweight, in fact, I'm noticably fat by anyone's measure, but I don't mind much because it has benefits. I'm been told by my friends that I'm cuddly to hug, I need fewer layers in the winter, and most importantly it scares off offenders. 250+ lbs + 6'0 stature + Huge hands and feet = Don't mess with that guy.

CuteGuy889
January 20th, 2015, 06:33 PM
Yeah...I am just gettting a little chubby after being skinny all my life and still underweight a bit altho I'm skinny fat......MY GF also says I am more cuddly now that I've got a layer of fat....In fact that why she encourgaed and got me to gain 20 KG!!! in just 2y...And i no longer look lyk a skinny mouse and nobody bullys me

I've never been under or averageweight, in fact, I'm noticably fat by anyone's measure, but I don't mind much because it has benefits. I'm been told by my friends that I'm cuddly to hug, I need fewer layers in the winter, and most importantly it scares off offenders. 250+ lbs + 6'0 stature + Huge hands and feet = Don't mess with that guy.

Deleted User
January 21st, 2015, 04:08 PM
Yes, I understand now. In my fitness gram I was in the 99th percentile for my age group. At that time I was 165 pounds, but that still shouldn't classify as obese (?)

You don't classify as obese at all. I am 5'7" and 155lbs (bordering on getting to to 160lbs). I am by no means obese. I have people who come up to me and ask how I stay so skinny ("Oh, you must only weigh like 120lbs!") and then are shocked when they hear I'm nearly 40lbs heavier than they think I am.

I'm also very athletically-built (for a non-athelete) and I can put on weight and it's either muscle or just other random fat that's luckily distributed itself fairly evenly.

As for the OP's question: I suffered from anorexia for years. I never sought professional help because I was too ashamed and scared but I had a few good friends who helped me out and made sure I was eating. When I started going into recovery with other things, I took some of my coping mechanisms I'd learned and applied it to my eating disorder.

I had a BMI of I think 17.8 at the time and the criteria for anorexia is 17.5. Honestly? Still underweight by a fair bit and my behaviours around food were severely unhealthy and obsessive. Now I'm back up to 24.3 but I don't really pay much attention to BMI since it's dated and not very accurate.

Other than that, I've never really had weight problems. I've always been fairly average.

EricCirulis
February 21st, 2015, 06:55 AM
I had heavy weight (http://homestars.com/companies/2773916-lakehurst-decor-painting) issue but now i am completely changed due to my workout routine. I have reduced lot of weight during these few months. Exercise is very important for good fitness and health.

twirlgurl
February 22nd, 2015, 03:11 PM
By that bullshit bmi scale, I guess you could say I've been borderline obese and borderline underweight, and I won't say what it is now (hint: it's not the first one) but frankly it's not true. It's a fake scale.

Everyone here is beautiful, no matter what. Love yourself. :heart:

You sound like my sister. LOL (she's a personal trainer and gets SOOO angry when people talk about BMI. ) You're right. BMI is a BS scale and a pretty pointless one too.

Weight is actually a measurement of gravity anyway. SIZE is a measurement of yourself. You see "size" in the mirror. Size determines how clothing fits. Weight is kind of stupid when talking about fitness. In fact, many top gymnasts weigh more then many think. mostly because they are lean muscle mass with ~10-14% total bodyfat. They may look skinny, but again, how they look is about size - not weight.

So if you want to change your appearance, measure size with a cloth tape measure and work on that part. You can throw the bathroom scale away. its pretty meaningless when it comes to actual fitness.

CuteGuy889
February 22nd, 2015, 06:34 PM
Yeah BMI is sometimes BS....When I used be skinny I was 172 cm / 48 kg and my BMI was 16.5 (underweight)...with puberty and a GF wanting a "cuddly" boy I have put on now with 172cm / 65kg giving me a "healthy " BMI of 22...BUT when I was skinny I was fitter and and a better looking rippped body with 6 packs...Now my "healthy BMI" body is all skin and fat...I think the waist measurements are better...I used to have a waist of 27in now gone up to 36in..

Abhorrence
February 22nd, 2015, 06:34 PM
My weight keeps fluctuating lately I go from around 140 to 155. Last year I was about 120 which was quite unhealthy and I was really skinny. I had been going through a lot of stuff and had no appetite whatsoever, I just kept seeing myself as fat and fat. Eventually I kind of figured out I looked really sick so I started eating more and now I'm back to feeling as though I am fat. It's annoying really.

TheGentleHerbivore
February 22nd, 2015, 07:04 PM
I'm 5' tall and 84lbs, I've always been underweight.
I've been trying to gain weight by eating three full meals a day rather than my usual one or two.
A couple months ago I was only 79lbs, so I've gained 5lbs so far.

Atom
February 23rd, 2015, 12:33 PM
Last time I checked I was 121lbs. But nobody at my age should try to weight so little. I'm just one of those people who find those skinny dying bodies actually attractive :whoops:

WengMan3397
February 24th, 2015, 08:31 PM
well, I've always been kinda slim.... wish I had more muscle sometimes!

tret123
February 27th, 2015, 07:27 AM
Diet and exercise can be very beneficial! Try joining a sport or hobby that keeps you active

LiamC
February 27th, 2015, 09:18 PM
I am struggling with weight... Being overweight though. I want to lose weight and hate my body, I feel so ugly, horrible and fat, but I can't lose weight beause I end up comfort eating and binge eating. You can't just say "oh well cut down", because it's not that easy. I can't, it's a bit like saying "just eat" to an anorexic person. I keep telling myself "this will be the last time I binge" but it never is... I have a bit too much spare money and just end up spening it on ice cream or cookies (or both often).

I really need the willpower or help to stop because it's really affecting my mental wellbeing, self esteem etc. :(

OSUBuckEyes
March 1st, 2015, 11:10 PM
I used to be suuuuuuuuuuuuuuper chubby but then I lost a bunch of weight and wasn't filled out too much. got into lifting weights and sports nad haven't looked back. best decision of my life

Tifany
April 13th, 2015, 04:22 AM
I'm currently in the process of doing just that, lose weight by eating healthy and exercising regularly. I started out almost 100 pounds overweight and so far I've drop 42 pounds - no pills and not starving myself to death :-) The hardest part for me was changing my eating habits, particularly getting out of the habit of eating fast food and pizza, and actually cook for myself. It's been a great learning experience, and I really love the fact that I don't even drink soda any more. Water rules! Eating healthy but balanced foods like leafy greens, lean meat, whole grains, beans, nuts, fruits, fish etc.. and avoiding all kinds of junk processed foods also helps. Exercise is also essential and both cardio and weight training is important in losing weight quickly. So If you're wondering how to lose belly fat (http://olwomen.com/how-to-lose-belly-fat-in-a-week-13-ways-that-can-make-it-possible/) in a week or so, just try these tips.

annewilde
April 15th, 2015, 01:51 PM
I think trying to stay average is the best bet too skinny is not good and neither is too heavy

Vermilion
April 15th, 2015, 02:16 PM
I'm 8 stone so 50 kg I've been this for a couple of years I don't put on wait. I'm 5"7.5 so I'm underweight for my bmi

Abhorrence
April 17th, 2015, 03:03 PM
I'm currently 64.3kg. I'm aiming to stick at 70kg but my weight fluctuates a lot.

ImCoolBeans
April 18th, 2015, 11:22 PM
I've been hyper aware of my weight since I was about 12 years old. I don't think I've ever had an eating disorder, but I've been extremely self conscious of it throughout my teenage years, and still am today. I'm a little under weight at the moment, but have begun working out and am hoping to gain weight through muscle growth. I'm very lean and have almost no fat on me, where two years ago I was over weight, had little muscle and was mostly comprised of fat.

Ridonks_CB
April 19th, 2015, 12:55 AM
I'm about 5'6 and I'm a 15 year old female, and somewhere from 120-130 lbs (I haven't measured in a while, clearly). So I'm average; I've been really skinny in an unhealthy way before in my younger years, but it wasn't so much because of my eating habits, my metabolism doesn't allow me to gain much weight. Anything I did gain, the constant sicknesses I got would take it away. I don't mind myself too much now, I'd just like to get toned.

Mil1dreded
April 19th, 2015, 07:49 AM
I used to be unhealthily skinny then I got a little chubby I think being depressed didn't help but then I started lifting weights cut most unhealthy stuff out now my bmi is extremely healthy according to the thing and I have abs and muscles I think it's about getting into a routine once you do that you don't really miss junk food etc and you start enjoying exercise

caffeine
April 19th, 2015, 09:42 AM
I used to enjoy food and I've always been an underweight but healthy child, never liked fast food and my eating habits were good, but i suddenly gained some pounds due to puberty and began obsessing with food, thinking that i was fat, so I dropped a lot of weight. I fucked up things when they weren't that bad at all.
Anorexia ruined my life, but I'm trying to recover.

WanderingHeart
April 19th, 2015, 02:36 PM
I'm overweight mostly due to the fact that I tend to eat a lot when I'm stressed. I'm like 200 pounds okay. It sickens me but I'm just like wtf whatever.

sweetballet
May 8th, 2015, 09:16 PM
im trying to diet right now but not sure of my weight. i don't think its ever been overweight but i just want to look perfect.

Let Me Be a Pony
May 10th, 2015, 06:39 PM
70KG. For a teen adult I guess that's... okay?

Microcosm
May 11th, 2015, 12:30 AM
I'm like 140 pounds or something I think like 136. It's pretty average I think. I'm not actually sure what my exact weight is but I don't seem to have weight problems.

Dying Ember
May 18th, 2015, 07:26 AM
I've been underweight for a long time, but my weight does tend to fluctuate quite a bit. I go though periods where I restrict my food intake very much, and i also go through periods where I will binge eat. So my weight can drop by a few kg but I put it all back on when I bingee. I wish I had more self control

Forsaken
May 18th, 2015, 07:59 PM
Right now, I'm 5'9" and 130lbs. I've gained 10lbs in the last month but I suppose that's bound to happen because I've not exercised in quite awhile. I'm trying to get back down between 120 & 125 again. I know that 130 is healthy for my height and all, but it really does show when I gain weight so there's probably a bit that can come off and I can still be healthy.