PDA

View Full Version : How to Fix my Self-Esteem?

GregM
August 8th, 2014, 02:45 PM
Well, for the past year I've had incredibly bad self-esteem.

It started out at the beginning of the year, when I realized that I was actually very overweight (borderline 200 pounds). I ignored it at first, until I started looking in the mirror and consistently worrying about how fat I looked. In the winter, I went on a "diet" which later triggered my anorexia. (Can I call it that? It wasn't as major as most cases but it was unhealthy.)

I started losing weight really quickly, and was at 180 a month later. At first I started thinking of myself as normal, but then I did a BMI check and found out that I was still overweight. So I went back to not eating a healthy amount and dropped down to 169, which is what I'm at now. I did a BMI check and I'm at my ideal weight, but I still feel fat and useless. There are days when I don't feel like eating, and I don't know what to do.

I still look in the mirror and see a fat kid, even though some people tell me that I'm at my ideal weight. I don't know what to do. Every time I try to eat something too filling, I get nausea and only eat a 1/4 of it or so. What do I do? :(

xXoblivionXx
August 12th, 2014, 01:08 PM
sometimes loosing a lot of weight in a short amount of time messes with your head. it's important to try to loose weight in a healthy manner, a healthy diet, exercise, and the right amount of sleep. When you just stop eating, you actually can gain weight because your body kind of goes into survival mode and when you do eat something it's stored as fat. as for self-esteem, it's can be hard, but you just need to try and love yourself. forget about your weight and think about how you are as a person. eating healthy and exercising should actually make you feel better physically and mentally. feel free to PM me if you want. stay strong greg :)

CrazyPerson101
August 12th, 2014, 11:10 PM
Well, for the past year I've had incredibly bad self-esteem.

It started out at the beginning of the year, when I realized that I was actually very overweight (borderline 200 pounds). I ignored it at first, until I started looking in the mirror and consistently worrying about how fat I looked. In the winter, I went on a "diet" which later triggered my anorexia. (Can I call it that? It wasn't as major as most cases but it was unhealthy.)

I started losing weight really quickly, and was at 180 a month later. At first I started thinking of myself as normal, but then I did a BMI check and found out that I was still overweight. So I went back to not eating a healthy amount and dropped down to 169, which is what I'm at now. I did a BMI check and I'm at my ideal weight, but I still feel fat and useless. There are days when I don't feel like eating, and I don't know what to do.

I still look in the mirror and see a fat kid, even though some people tell me that I'm at my ideal weight. I don't know what to do. Every time I try to eat something too filling, I get nausea and only eat a 1/4 of it or so. What do I do? :(

sometimes loosing a lot of weight in a short amount of time messes with your head. it's important to try to loose weight in a healthy manner, a healthy diet, exercise, and the right amount of sleep. When you just stop eating, you actually can gain weight because your body kind of goes into survival mode and when you do eat something it's stored as fat. as for self-esteem, it's can be hard, but you just need to try and love yourself. forget about your weight and think about how you are as a person. eating healthy and exercising should actually make you feel better physically and mentally. feel free to PM me if you want. stay strong greg :)

I couldn't have said it better myself Greg :) Yazzy Time was spot on.
Its hard I know but just keep eating ( a healthy amount of food ) and different varities and with friends, you can get past this ( I've gone through this before ) so I know what you're going through.