PDA

View Full Version : Masochistic?

Skissors23
August 8th, 2014, 12:19 AM
Yikes ummm so lately my older brother has been picking at me he keeps calling me masochistic just because i laugh and smile when i get hurt is it possible the i am i think of myslef as sadistic sometimes but i cant be sure what should i do:what:

CosmicNoodle
August 8th, 2014, 01:36 AM
I used to be a masochist, before I was sent to therapy and put on medication, something about pain and humiliation was fun, idk.
If you genuinely enjoy being hurt, embarased or humiliated then yes. You very well may be, if you just smile and laugh as a coping method then no, you may not be, do you genuinely enjoy it?

NeuroTiger
August 8th, 2014, 03:05 AM
I used to be a masochist, before I was sent to therapy and put on medication, something about pain and humiliation was fun, idk.
If you genuinely enjoy being hurt, embarased or humiliated then yes. You very well may be, if you just smile and laugh as a coping method then no, you may not be, do you genuinely enjoy it?

Couldn't explain any better...#ThumbsUp.

It's be better you give us some examples as when you use to laugh or smile when you are being hurt.

Skissors23
August 8th, 2014, 11:00 AM
ok so a good example would have been when my brother was beating me up like any older sibling would do and it started with a few shoulder punches and i started smiling then he punched harder and i started laughing i keep telling him its a coping method but honestly i think im lying to myslef

Karkat
August 10th, 2014, 12:58 PM
ok so a good example would have been when my brother was beating me up like any older sibling would do and it started with a few shoulder punches and i started smiling then he punched harder and i started laughing i keep telling him its a coping method but honestly i think im lying to myslef

Only you can really decide.

Have you had any past trauma that could account for this? Sometimes people 'enjoy pain' because they feel it's justified for them to hurt. (I am like this)

If not, it could be a coping mechanism, but you could also be a masochist. Like I said, no one can really tell you which it is.

Skissors23
August 10th, 2014, 03:50 PM
the only past traumatizing experiences ive had were multiple accidental trips and sprains. if i decide to call myself a masochist how should i avoid it showing up in public?

and i mean my family is the kind to pick on you embarrass you and stuff from time to time so would that count to that

Merged Double Post ~StoppingTime

Skissors23
August 27th, 2014, 08:50 PM
yeah its not as bad as i thought im putting it as a phase and its more or less a coping method just to be safe