PDA

View Full Version : Healthy lunch for school?

Luke107
August 5th, 2014, 07:50 PM
What would be a healthy lunch for school? Everyone eats sandwiches but I want to stay away from the carbs, salads are good but I couldnt eat it every day

Typhlosion
August 5th, 2014, 10:54 PM
An apple. A banana. Watermelon slices. Melon cubes. Dinner leftovers.

Rayquaza
August 6th, 2014, 08:43 AM
Cold pasta or sandwhiches and some fruit. You could stick with your salad but you may get the feeling of being more hungry later throughout the day as it's low in calories and will provide less energy. Of course an occasional sugary treat like a cereal bar won't do much harm.

Giando
August 6th, 2014, 08:50 AM
An apple. A banana. Watermelon slices. Melon cubes. Dinner leftovers.

You are right. I always take some fruit at school

Bmble_B
August 6th, 2014, 08:56 AM
Yeah fruit's a good way to go. Sweet and healthy

pjones
August 6th, 2014, 03:28 PM
fruit, veggies like carrot strips and celery and some yogurt to dip them in

Gottaloveaginger14
August 6th, 2014, 07:24 PM
Lettuce wraps, cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, fruit, raw veggies and hummus or guacamole, pita pockets, cheese sticks, nuts and dried fruit and celery with cashew butter are some of my favorites

craftytasha
August 8th, 2014, 02:16 PM
A really good idea that I started was an Americanized bento boxes. Bento boxes are basically Japanese lunches that have dividers so that there's a lot of variety of items, but just in smaller portions. You can fill them up with fruit, veggies, pasta, cubed chicken, pork, or fish, mini lunch meat wraps, rice, and pretty much any snack or leftover. Here's the one I'm bringing for work tonight. It has lamb, pineapple, brown rice with a bit of seaweed seasoning, a little bit of leftover pasta with olive oil and salt, celery sticks and baby carrot plus hummus for dipping. You can adjust the portion to whatever you'd like, and the food will stay cold with an ice pack. If you have any questions or want ideas for bentos and where to buy them, let me know!

goodnightxmoonx
August 17th, 2014, 03:20 PM
I think instead of all-lettuce salads you could have pasta salads.. If you think you might get hungry just eating a salad, then add some protein like chicken or shrimp (although shrimp is pretty involved, so if you don't have time...).

Bull
August 17th, 2014, 04:42 PM
Healthy is good, but so is hardy. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day but a lot of kids do not eat a hardy breakfast so need to make up for it at lunch. By planning ahead you can put together so really good lunches: some of my favorites are thinly sliced steak or ham, cold fried chicken, salads with whole kernel corn, green peas, raisins, fruit, black beans and some grilled chicken chunks, or ham, or bacon, and add some cheese (real cheese not that processed cheese food. I like cold mashed potatoes with jalapenos and ham. Some barbeque in a zip lock bag to put on buns at school is also good. And, of course, a thermos of cold tea or milk (not that watery stuff they have in the lunch room) We just think of lunch as a picnic and enjoy planning together to make each day special. :yummy:

GoGoDiego
August 18th, 2014, 03:53 AM
I eat what my household helper cooks either last night or in the morning. The last thing I ate for school lunch is adobo. (Chicken stew cooked in soy sauce and vinegar.)

Karkat
October 6th, 2014, 08:28 PM
Soups, stir fries, premade salads, cold pastas, fruits, wraps, etc.

Hideous
October 6th, 2014, 08:52 PM
An apple, peanut butter and jelly sandwich, and a carton of milk! :)

James Dean
October 7th, 2014, 03:50 AM
A sandwich with probably lettuce, tomato, cheese. Probably light mayo.

Chips, fruit cup, lowfat yogurt and some juice. Keep it simple, keep it healthy.