PDA

View Full Version : 120 X 120 pixels

jessie3
August 4th, 2014, 05:42 PM
The 120 X 120 pixels is too small, when I try to upload a picture I have to crop my photo to a very small picture and I don't like that, they should make it bigger.

Elysium
August 4th, 2014, 06:05 PM
Many forums restrict their avatar sizes to 100x100 pixels. Quite frankly, I hate bigger avatars. I like it just as is.

Harley Quinn
August 4th, 2014, 06:10 PM
It also takes up a huuuuuuuuuuuuuge amount of space on the server so I really don't care the avatars are smaller because at least VT works. That's how I see it anyway.

Dannibabi
August 4th, 2014, 06:11 PM
Can't you just resize them instead of cropping your pictures?

JAB555
August 4th, 2014, 08:35 PM
Hmmm, I think it's actually the same thing, unless cropping means taking part of the photo out, and resizing just means cramming everything into a small space.
Jessie, actually it does take up a lot of room on the server. If you could make it bigger, the avatar gallery would have to be bigger, meaning the server could actually be overloaded. It's fine as is.

Dannibabi
August 4th, 2014, 08:39 PM
Hmmm, I think it's actually the same thing, unless cropping means taking part of the photo out, and resizing just means cramming everything into a small space.
Jessie, actually it does take up a lot of room on the server. If you could make it bigger, the avatar gallery would have to be bigger, meaning the server could actually be overloaded. It's fine as is.

Cropping is cutting part of the picture out, resizing just lowers the resolution but keeps the whole picture.

Typhlosion
August 4th, 2014, 08:47 PM
I don't see why. I think that 120x120 is a good enough space to work with.

JAB555
August 4th, 2014, 08:48 PM
Ah, ok. Wasn't sure. Thanks.

ImagineRepublicCity
August 6th, 2014, 07:34 AM
Avatars typically aren't that large.
It's just a small thing to go "hey, this is me!" or "Hey, this is what I like" or whatever else.
Imagine having 300x300 pictures on the side. Woah.
That'll be irritating.
It would be nice if it resized itself, but it's not a biggie.

midascharles
August 8th, 2014, 02:16 AM
I find it a little bit painful as well, but oh well lol.
I think that since there's more freedom with the signatures, that's its fair :)

NeuroTiger
August 8th, 2014, 03:01 AM
The av size is fine...it's just a pic to introduce yourself slightly.

ImCoolBeans
August 8th, 2014, 02:16 PM
An avatar isn't supposed to be a big image. It's supposed to fit nicely in the post bit. Anything much larger than 120x120 would not fit nicely.

phuckphace
August 13th, 2014, 10:14 PM
I think 150*150 is the largest that an avatar can get and still look okay, anything bigger tends to stretch the postbit too much. I'd definitely appreciate it if we could have this. it would also be cool if the maximum file size for externally hosted avatars was increased to say 500kb - 1MB. server space won't be an issue if the avatar is hosted elsewhere such as Imgur or TinyPic.