PDA

View Full Version : Go Mobile

Charleigh
July 30th, 2014, 06:18 PM
Hey so I think VT should also have a mobile site; as it's a pain in my ass to come on it when I have a blackberry.

I haven't been here in ages, so hey.

Elysium
July 30th, 2014, 06:58 PM
There is a mobile skin.

We used to have Tapatalk, but that presented issues; see here (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=211554).

Charleigh
July 31st, 2014, 07:14 AM
So you don't use it anymore?

Luminous
July 31st, 2014, 07:22 AM
We don't use Tapatalk anymore, but there is a skin (personal theme of the site) specifically made for mobile. If you go in the bottom left corner, there should be a drop down box. If you've never changed it, it'll say Forever Blue. Click on the box and select mobile, it should automatically load. Of course you can set it to other things as well, I personally use Black & Gold, whether I'm using mobile or not.

Typhlosion
July 31st, 2014, 12:18 PM
Also, if you simply cannot access the drop down through mobile, you could type http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/index.php?styleid=54 to have your style changed.

xXl0sth0peXx
July 31st, 2014, 08:34 PM
It (tapatalk) might come back in the future, although that depends on pricing and space issues. But at this moment, we have it disabled.

Meganium
July 31st, 2014, 09:47 PM
It (tapatalk) might come back in the future, although that depends on pricing and space issues. But at this moment, we have it disabled.

Sorry to hijack, but what exactly is this security exploit that's such a major issue? I've noticed that Mike and other mods who have mentioned were very vague, so if it's confidential then no worries. I just think that it must be pretty massive for Tapatalk to be disabled right after we got it back.

Charleigh
August 1st, 2014, 12:03 AM
I have just discovered how to do it. Thanks you guuuys.

Also, where the fuck has the +rep gone?!

Elysium
August 1st, 2014, 06:18 AM
I have just discovered how to do it. Thanks you guuuys.

Also, where the fuck has the +rep gone?!
Rep system was horribly abused and removed... a year ago? Roughly? Search "reputation" in this (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10) forum, and you'll see quite a few threads about it.

Charleigh
August 1st, 2014, 05:52 PM
Oh thanks lol; VT isn't the same as it used to be a few year ago :/

xXl0sth0peXx
August 5th, 2014, 09:44 PM
Sorry to hijack, but what exactly is this security exploit that's such a major issue? I've noticed that Mike and other mods who have mentioned were very vague, so if it's confidential then no worries. I just think that it must be pretty massive for Tapatalk to be disabled right after we got it back.

It's essentially an issue which people were able to register without the proper information (birthday or email or whatnot), which for a site like VT.. doesn't really work lol

Oh thanks lol; VT isn't the same as it used to be a few year ago :/

yeah.. it's unfortunate that some things like rep had to go, but it was absolutely not worth it. I hope some of the change you see is positive, as much as people tend to hate change.

JAB555
August 5th, 2014, 10:09 PM
Last thing I knew about Tapatalk was that there was a bug, and it had to be disabled.
And, I also use Black and Gold as a theme, mobile or not. I tried mobile on my phone, but it honestly didn't work for me. But, if you need the mobile version, it is there. Also, thought I would mention a point that nobody else brought up, in the User CP, at the top of the page somewhere, in normal version, there's a place where you can change your default theme. If you use your mobile more often than your computer, assuming you have one, then you may want to change your default theme. Then, you can always switch back to desktop version, if you're on a computer.

EDIT: In UserCP, under 'Edit Options', forum skin, set that to mobile if you want it to be the default.