PDA

View Full Version : I have a problem and i can't think of anyway to help myself get over it :(

Leeka
July 30th, 2014, 04:54 AM
hey guys, so i constantly feel this unhappiness in my own house with my own family. I don't know if its just me being a teenager or something. And sometimes i feel bad for my family coz they obviously deserve and expected something more from me but i didn't give it to them.......... I hate myself for doing that all the time but sometimes it just happens naturally, i cant help it! and i feel like im having more distance between me and my family......... Is it normal for teen? Did anyone had those kind of problems too? If yes, please help me...... i really dont know what to do anymore, its like killing me already.... :(

Elysium
July 30th, 2014, 05:48 AM
VT Arcade :arrow: Mental Crisis

melissurr
July 30th, 2014, 10:38 AM
I've had issues like these for a few years now and they're still ongoing. I don't feel comfortable nor accepted in my own home and there's no real reason behind my feelings but all I can suggest is for you to accept those feelings and if you're close to any parent figures talk to them about it. I did with my mam not too long ago and she was very understanding and didn't realise that's what I was feeling and turned out she experienced the same! Sometimes people at home know more than you think and talking about it could help get your problems on the track to being mended. Good luck!! :)

ksdnfkfr
July 30th, 2014, 12:23 PM
hey guys, so i constantly feel this unhappiness in my own house with my own family. I don't know if its just me being a teenager or something. And sometimes i feel bad for my family coz they obviously deserve and expected something more from me but i didn't give it to them.......... I hate myself for doing that all the time but sometimes it just happens naturally, i cant help it! and i feel like im having more distance between me and my family......... Is it normal for teen? Did anyone had those kind of problems too? If yes, please help me...... i really dont know what to do anymore, its like killing me already.... :(

I think some of that can be attributed to being a teen. There's a lot of stuff I think about and am aware of now I never was before being a teenager. But it also sounds like depression. For me when I suffer depression self loathing is a big part of that. Feeling like a failure to my parents and a problem to them. Also wanting more distance I think is pretty common for a lot of teens.

Svan
July 30th, 2014, 12:30 PM
For almost my entire life I've had the feeling that I'm not good enough. It's something I'll always live with no matter what. But you know what? You need to tell yourself that you ARE enough, because you are.

Hideous
July 30th, 2014, 12:53 PM
I feel the exact same way. Your parents aren't as disappointed in you as you think they are. Look at the positive, they still love and care for you. If you feel like you've done something wrong, look into it. Don't leave it and let the thoughts eat you up. Focus on what you have to work on, and be the best that you can be to make your parents proud. I agree with the users, this happens to a lot of teenagers and it's normal. We feel like we don't do enough for our family when really you're just over thinking it. Show them how amazing and awesome you are!