PDA

View Full Version : how did you start in photogrphy?

ljcareon
July 30th, 2014, 02:08 AM
How did you start or discover photography?

I started doing photography out of boredom. It was a hot summer afternoon and I was with my mother and aunt while they go around town visiting churches as part of a religious practice here in the Philippines every holy week. To avpid getting bored, I took pictures of random things and post processed them on my phone. I enjoyed it so much and people said I had an "eye" for it. Ive been photographing for a year now and started with my htc one x.

CharlieHorse
July 30th, 2014, 02:09 AM
cars look good
pictures of cars look good
i found car
i found camera
i took picture of car
i like taking picture of car because i can see car whenever i want

ksdnfkfr
July 30th, 2014, 02:39 AM
I got a camera as a gift and thought I'd never use it. But someone on another forum who lives in the same place I did started posting scenic pictures she took and that got me interested in doing it too. I'm kind of somewhere between going for artistic and just chronicling what the place looks like. I've been told I have an eye for it too. Funny one of my first shoots has probably been my best work so far. But it was also really special subject matter >here (http://i.imgur.com/Ljhug9R.jpg)<

ljcareon
August 2nd, 2014, 10:43 PM
You have new pictures??

Melodic
August 2nd, 2014, 10:55 PM
I started a few months ago. Took a picture of a trailer for my nana, I liked the shot so I continued it.

Hollywood
August 2nd, 2014, 10:58 PM
My late aunt was on Flickr many years ago and I really admired her photography. I think it was in 2007 that I got a camera for my birthday and I fell in love with photography at that point. It was nothing amazing or artistic, but I loved it regardless. Then my life kind of went to hell and I lost my passion for just about everything. I'm hopeful it'll come back one day.

lightPainting
August 2nd, 2014, 11:33 PM
I don't think there is a specific point in time when I started photography. At an early age I loved taking videos and photos and i kinda just gradually got to where I am. But there is a point at which I really took it seriously. It was 2 years ago and started with a Samsung point and shoot camera. This camera was just a cheep plastic thing, but it did what it needed to do and did it well. My advice for any beginners is dont worry how good your camera is or think that you need a better camera. Just use what you got and practice ALOT! Don't get discoraged when you see someone with a big professional camera because at the end of the day, its about the photos not the equipment.

Ben_Frost
August 3rd, 2014, 02:16 AM
I saw some pictures my dad had taken with an old polaroid of his so I decide to try out with a new digital camera my mom had bought.