PDA

View Full Version : Rid the Chat Room of Sounds.

Skyline
July 28th, 2014, 11:09 PM
I really don't see the point in having them there if every time they get used, a staff member is just going to tell the person that used them, to not use them. Basically why have something available for use if using it is practically a sin. :what:

Dannibabi
July 29th, 2014, 10:11 AM
Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes. Those sounds have given me several heart attacks and blown my eardrums out multiple times. I know we have universal healthcare here but it's getting tiring having to go to the hospital every other day due to chat sound related injuries.

Harley Quinn
July 29th, 2014, 10:15 AM
I don't mind the name beeps because then obviously only the person being beeped can hear it, but the other sounds in there drive me absolutely insane. I am all for this movement.

Bmble_B
July 29th, 2014, 10:16 AM
Haha I completely agree, removing all the sounds except for the name beeping sounds perfect ;)

Typhlosion
July 29th, 2014, 01:13 PM
Now that I think of it, the *meow* s could really just be ridden of. Right?

(Keep the sound effects boop, beep, welcome and goodbye, though)

Basically why have something available for use if using it is practically a sin.
Temptation, do not disappoint your creator. Sometimes I also wonder what was up with the whole "knowledge tree" thing.

Hollywood
July 29th, 2014, 01:20 PM

(Keep the sound effects boop, beep, welcome and goodbye, though)

I agree, the regular chat room sounds are fine, it's just the "*" sound effects people use that need to be removed, if it's possible of course.

DerBear
July 29th, 2014, 05:05 PM
I did suggest this a long time ago but it never went any where. I do agree that they drive me and obviously others insane and don't really serve much of a purpose. When a mod is in they do or can tell them to stop but its usually at its worst when no mod is in.

azure moonstone
July 30th, 2014, 07:40 AM
I'll throw my support behind this. I only see the need for name beeps in the chatroom, and the boops for alerts if a member chooses to set them. I don't understand having three random sounds that probably annoy a great number of people. I'm all for getting rid of them.

ImagineRepublicCity
August 2nd, 2014, 08:54 AM
Well, I don't go in the chat room, but what about just being able to toggle them on and off? So at least those which like them (which doesn't seem to be like a lot) can keep them, and for those which don't, can toggle them off. Like Facebook and chat sounds.

xXl0sth0peXx
August 3rd, 2014, 11:12 PM
Well, I don't go in the chat room, but what about just being able to toggle them on and off? So at least those which like them (which doesn't seem to be like a lot) can keep them, and for those which don't, can toggle them off. Like Facebook and chat sounds.

Sadly, it doesn't work that way with addon chat. We're a bit limited in those regards.

Anyways, I'll have to run it by Mike but I am for this happening also.

Rayquaza
August 4th, 2014, 04:51 AM
...isn't there a mute button?

xXl0sth0peXx
August 4th, 2014, 06:32 AM
...isn't there a mute button?

I think you're misunderstanding what the OP means (assuming I'm not). We're not talking about the beep you get when someone says your name or the welcome or anything.. We're talking about the *meow* *slap* *whip* ones.. those sounds. You can't individually mute those without muting everything.

Rayquaza
August 4th, 2014, 08:54 AM
I think you're misunderstanding what the OP means (assuming I'm not). We're not talking about the beep you get when someone says your name or the welcome or anything.. We're talking about the *meow* *slap* *whip* ones.. those sounds. You can't individually mute those without muting everything.

Hmmm well tbh I quite like the sounds and presuming there's always a mod online they can stop sound spamming? But I guess if it's annoying people then perhaps they should be disabled- although they've never been a problem before.

DerBear
August 7th, 2014, 05:00 PM
Hmmm well tbh I quite like the sounds and presuming there's always a mod online they can stop sound spamming? But I guess if it's annoying people then perhaps they should be disabled- although they've never been a problem before.

Its usually the times when a mod isn't on that it can be at its worst.

Remora
August 7th, 2014, 05:05 PM

Left! No, wrong! how dare you speak such foul language of the great *meow* 3:<

If this happens then jmmanna be really sad :<
Then again, i'm the kind of asshole that made this nesiccary. i mean, *meow*. :3

Perfectly Flawed
August 28th, 2014, 08:27 AM
I'll support this movement.

Karkat
September 25th, 2014, 05:09 PM
I'm in support of this as well.

Deleted User
September 26th, 2014, 09:45 AM
Please for the love of all that is good make this happen. I support it wholeheartedly.