PDA

View Full Version : Perfect diet?

Jacob G.
July 28th, 2014, 07:22 AM
I think I have the perfect diet, watta ya think?
I'm 14, male, 150 pounds.
Here's how it'll go:

-I eat 500 calories worth of milk everyday.
-I eat 500 calories worth of vegetables everyday.

So that's it what do you think? Is it enough nourishment to not affect my growth?

Could I last on this for 6 weeks without it affecting my growth?

Straya
July 28th, 2014, 08:22 AM
the only thing you may be lacking on is iron. whats this diet for

Jacob G.
July 29th, 2014, 12:01 AM
Well the vegetable would be kale, which has iron. Even though I'm not really growing I'm too scared to do this diet though, because apparently teen boys are supposed to get between 2,000 and 3,200 calories per day! OMFG 3200 CALORIES! Thats SO MUCH! I chickened out and quit the diet today, but I could have gone for at least a week probably more before I got sick, and because I was only on it for 3 days before I chickened out I only lost like 5 pounds which I'll gain back because I ate today and I have to switch out of low metabolism mode before I can eat and maintain a weight. So today I had trouble getting to 2,000 calories, I don't think I reached 2,000 but I probably got a bit over 1,500. It was partially hard because I woke up at 3 PM and then I had to go shopping for food until 6. So not much time to eat. Being on the diet I started to have anorexic thoughts, and I started to lose all appetite for food as my stomach continued to rumble. My first sip of milk today tasted horrible, I could smell in my mouth while I was tasting it. Sense of smell is more sensitive if your hungry. I just didn't want to eat, but if I do this in the future once I'm done growing I'll always be strong enough to force myself to eat, no eating disorders there. Oh and the reason I woke up at 3 PM, was because I went to bed at 9 AM. I was obsessively researching this diet all night, I cannot sleep at night when I have this laptop. I also can't sleep in complete darkness, I'm scared of the dark. : P So yeah getting to 2,000 calories was hard today, it shouldn't be hard to get to 2,000 tomorrow, but anymore will be hard. (I'm typing so much because I like to talk a lot online and in real life, but I can't talk too much in real life because I'm shy. So I just talk a lot to people I'm not afraid to talk to. Weird combo, super social but yet super shy. That and the fact that an hour ago I ate 1/2 a bar of 88% cacao dark chocolate, I had to eat it because I needed more calories!) So yeah a normal teen boy needs 2,000 to 3,200, but I'm not a normal teen! I am a teen that is hardly growing, for some reason, and I'm basically never hungry and I haven't been hungry since 1.5 years ago. I went through a lot of last year running on like 2,000 calories and I was gaining weight. I also went through a lot of last year running on 1,500 calories and I maintained a weight, so clearly I don't need 2,000 calories. I'm too scared not to eat 2,000 calories though because I might not grow if I don't overeat. Part of the reason I don't need many calories is that I never exercise, but a non-exerciser should fall in between the 2,000 to 3,200 category most likely closer to 2,000 and a heavy athlete that is also growing should be close to 3,200. I want to say that if I were near growth I would feel really hungry, but I've been ignoring hunger pains for at least 6 months now, so I'm hardly affected by hunger. Anyway I get a high when I see I've lost weight, so if I'm gonna be safe and overeat to 2,000 calories I'll need to exercise. BUT if i exercise and lose say 600 calories a day, then my calorie income would decrease to 1,500, so then I'd need to eat 2,600 calories! Is that how it works? That's not fair :<. So basically if I follow this rule, it'll be impossible to lose f***ing weight! I'll at least gain muscle, so that's pretty good, but I don't wanna weight until I'm an adult to be skinny :<. Ugh. So weight loss as a teen should be unhealthy, but yet it is somewhat encouraged!!?!? Idk watta ya think?

xXoblivionXx
July 29th, 2014, 02:34 PM
Make sure you get some fruit in your diet, milk has protein I suppose. I personally think the best diet is the paleo diet, just make sure you are completely nourishing your body

Gamma Male
July 29th, 2014, 10:06 PM
That's not healthy at all. It actually sounds very dangerous. 1000 calories for a teen boy, and half of them are milk? You need to be eating at least 2000-3000 calories and have a varied diet with vegetables, fruit, beans, nuts, and grains.

dirtyboxer55
July 29th, 2014, 11:09 PM
wtf 1000 calories is like my breakfast

unknownuser
July 30th, 2014, 02:39 AM
Don't skimp out on calories, you're a growing kid, you need them... no need to strut your growth. You're young and you've likely got a quick metabolism, so enjoy it while you can!

Don't obsess too much over the calories and the foods that you eat. I'm not saying go all out and stuff your face with cookies and chocolate, no - if you're conscious about your weight just make sure you're making healthy choices. Get a good amount of protein (from both plant and animal sources; lean meats, beans, yogurt), complex carbs (brown rice, whole grains), "good" fats (olive oil, salmon, nuts/seeds, avocado, dark chocolate), as well as your fruits and veggies. Train yourself to eat when you're hungry and learn to recognize when your body is full and content; lots of people that have trouble with overeating do it because they don't realize that they're full,] they eat out of boredom, or eat when they're emotionally triggered. Your body knows how much it needs, just listen to it.

Tifany
April 13th, 2015, 04:25 AM
Consume a balanced diet. There are number of things you are lacking here like carbs, proteins, veggies, fruits n iron!

xXl0sth0peXx
April 13th, 2015, 11:36 PM
Please do not post in threads older than 2 months. :locked: