PDA

View Full Version : Tagging members?

xXoblivionXx
July 23rd, 2014, 09:06 AM
It would be nice if you could tag a member, kind of like twitter/Instagram. For example, if someone wanted to post something rearing another member, ie. a birthday post, they could tag them and theme we would get a notification. Or when responding to a thread you could tag a member of a previous response. I guess one could argue that tagging may be similar to quoting in that sense. But I still think it would be a neat little feature to have.

Typhlosion
July 23rd, 2014, 01:17 PM
I'm seconding that getting a notification for every mention of your name would be cool. But that would probably resource intensive to an already overloaded VT server. If it's even possible.

ImCoolBeans
July 23rd, 2014, 06:31 PM
I'm seconding that getting a notification for every mention of your name would be cool. But that would probably resource intensive to an already overloaded VT server. If it's even possible.

I wouldn't say that our servers are "overloaded", we just don't like to add unnecessary mods because over time that can lead to them becoming overloaded.

I can see how this would be useful, and it may be possible through a modification that we're already using. I'll check it out tonight.

xXoblivionXx
July 29th, 2014, 02:17 PM
I wouldn't say that our servers are "overloaded", we just don't like to add unnecessary mods because over time that can lead to them becoming overloaded.

I can see how this would be useful, and it may be possible through a modification that we're already using. I'll check it out tonight.

Have you looked into it yet?