PDA

View Full Version : wolves?

Country Cowboy
July 21st, 2014, 11:06 AM
I know people have their different options about wolves, there used to be wolves everywhere where I live before it was settled and it would be cool to have them back again! Personally, I love wolves and I was wondering what your guy's opinion was about them:)

darkangel91
July 21st, 2014, 11:44 AM
I like them. They remind me of myself somehow - several times I have had dreams in which I was a werewolf, I start out running on two legs and then go down to four and have the vague feeling that I'm a wolf now... so yeah, I'm in favor of wolves generally.

Also I was team Jacob when I read Twilight.

Dalcourt
July 21st, 2014, 12:39 PM
I like them. They are beautiful creatures. Sadly there are no wolves where I live.

Abyssal Echo
July 21st, 2014, 03:01 PM
I like Wolves :) sadly there's not any where I live

TheN3rdyOutcast
July 21st, 2014, 03:55 PM
I've never seen a wolf, but I know they live around here somewhere. I have seen several foxes and coyotes though, and though nature can be very dangerous, I think they're beautiful.

CosmicNoodle
July 21st, 2014, 05:03 PM
I like wolfes, fucking awesome animals.

CharlieHorse
July 21st, 2014, 11:03 PM
I like them, but in some areas, they kill a lot of things.

Lost in the Echo
July 22nd, 2014, 12:16 AM
I think they're pretty cool

Satsuki
August 2nd, 2014, 09:56 AM
Well my opinion about wolves is that they are cute :D and i would love to see a wolf in real life :) and ithink the most of the people have bad opinion about ht e wolves because some news or stories make them look bad but they dont

Hudor
August 3rd, 2014, 01:37 AM
Wolves as I see it have unparalleled mystique and beauty. I saw them once when they gathered around the place where we were living for vacations. They kept howling the entire night which was equally chilling and thrilling. Back when i was about 11 I read The White Fang and tried imbue the wolf protag in my behaviour.Though i know now it was only a personification and not necessarily how wolves actually behave, I've retained some of the characteristics. Even to this day i walk very quietly and lurk around in a way that my friends freak out when they see me nearby because they can never sense me arriving.

http://www.hdwallpaperscool.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/wolf-wallpapers-free-download-incredible-hd-widescreen-wallpapers-of-wolf.jpg

Dannibabi
August 4th, 2014, 03:04 PM
There are wolves around here, hear them plenty at our cabin or camping. Funny sometimes you'll here coyotes howling and yapping and stuff, then you'll hear a wolf howl really loud and all the coyotes will be quiet for the rest of the night.

Bmble_B
August 4th, 2014, 03:05 PM
Wolves are aweshum! :D

TheLoneWolf
August 4th, 2014, 03:51 PM
Best animals ever! :D
Sadly no wolves where I live... :(

Svan
August 4th, 2014, 04:10 PM
I think they're ugly and dangerous.

Typhlosion
August 4th, 2014, 10:14 PM
Beautiful things. Just dangerous.

LunarScorpio
August 8th, 2014, 01:48 AM
Wolves way of hunting is a great example of teamwork which we shoudl all follow

micheal951
August 10th, 2014, 10:07 AM
I love all kinds of wildlife, but wolves more so, their hunting methods, their bond is wonderful to watch. But sadly they are on the decline world wide and are totally extinct in the wild here in the UK. There has been debates for years on whether they should be slowly reintroduced into the wild or not. Even though I love animals and wildlife, I do not think they should ever be introduced back into the British ecosystem, as the wildlife that now lives here as evolved to live without the threat of predators on the scale of wolves and to reintroduce them would affect the over all wildlife numbers of ever other animal.

Sorry for the long post, and yes I am only 13, but I want to study ecology when I leave school :D

Country Cowboy
August 12th, 2014, 05:35 PM
I love all kinds of wildlife, but wolves more so, their hunting methodbond is wonderful to watch. But sadly they are on the decline world wide and are totally extinct in the wild here in the UK. There has been debates for years on whether they should be slowly reintroduced into the wild or not. Even though I love animals and wildlife, I do not think they should ever be introduced back into the British ecosystem, as the wildlife that now lives here as evolved to live without the threat of predators on the scale of wolves and to reintroduce them would affect the over all wildlife numbers of ever other animal.

Sorry for the long post, and yes I am only 13, but I want to study ecology when I leave school :D
I see your point, but reintroducing the wolves back would also have many benefits to. Here in the US when they were first reintroducing them, they started in Yellowstone National Park where all the herbivores had taken over and the ecosystem was hurting badly because of it. When the wolves came back, the herbivores became a lot smarter and didn't hang around everywhere, that allowed the plant life to regrow where it had been over grazed before. With all the new plant life, there was more trees for the birds and other animals. Their roots also helped reinforce the river banks so there was less flooding while slowing it down so other animals such as beavers to live in them again. So the wolves would do more good than bad if they were reintroduced to the wild :)

hockeyfan
August 13th, 2014, 02:48 AM
I watched a fascinating video about wolves in Yellowstone park. They were removed and then brought back. Look it up if intrusted.

micheal951
August 13th, 2014, 07:13 AM
I see your point, but reintroducing the wolves back would also have many benefits to. Here in the US when they were first reintroducing them, they started in Yellowstone National Park where all the herbivores had taken over and the ecosystem was hurting badly because of it. When the wolves came back, the herbivores became a lot smarter and didn't hang around everywhere, that allowed the plant life to regrow where it had been over grazed before. With all the new plant life, there was more trees for the birds and other animals. Their roots also helped reinforce the river banks so there was less flooding while slowing it down so other animals such as beavers to live in them again. So the wolves would do more good than bad if they were reintroduced to the wild :)

The biggest problem over in the UK though is space, we do not have access to areas big enough to support a healthy population of wolves that would not impact the rest of the ecosystem. And on top of that, most of the public would vote against it due to animals and humans encroaching on each others' territory. Luckily at the moment we only have foxes to deal with, but they are not a problem, but wolves would be a different story. But then you get the people who say: "Well they will be in an area that is fenced off." Put in that case you may as well just put them in a zoo and be done with it. But also, the food source in that fenced off area would soon run out. Now I think it would be wonderful to see wolves reintroduced back into the Britain. But practically, it would never work.

ConsiderMeDead
August 14th, 2014, 02:13 AM
I absolutely love wolfs they hav beautiful souls n beautiful bodies they r the true definition of wild

Croconaw
August 14th, 2014, 09:33 PM
I love wolves.

LoveLessOne
September 8th, 2014, 08:11 AM
i think wolves are a very powerful yet caring breed. they are in packs so carea bout their "family" but are also very territorial.

NathansPen
September 15th, 2014, 05:42 AM
I love wolves, it is always in packs when they hunt. it is like a brotherhood.

SethfromMI
October 11th, 2014, 03:05 PM
the further north you go in Michigan the more you can find. there is even enough where people can sometimes get a permit to hunt them (I would not want to do that). they are amazing creatures, however, I would only want to encounter them at safe distances (cause I don't want to become Wolf Chow haha)

Karkat
October 11th, 2014, 09:16 PM
Wolves are awesome! :D

EvanJay
October 16th, 2014, 01:10 AM
wolves can be awesome to look at but i don't want to be around them if I was in the wilderness somewhere

CrazyPerson101
October 16th, 2014, 06:23 PM
They're okay, they're scary to be around when they're hungry but when htey're not, they're quite interesting.

Babiole
October 21st, 2014, 04:42 PM
I don't really care for wolves. They've never excited me. But they are cute. Their fans, though, are often very crazy.

We have wolves in France. There's two separate populations - one in the Pyrenees and another on the border with Switzerland and Italy. They're actually increasing in number - there's about 300 as of them. Until the early 90s, there weren't any wolves in the country (wolves used to live in the whole country, but they were extirpated in the 20s.) Wolves aren't very well-liked here since they tend to prey on livestock. Funnily enough, France is where Little Red Riding Hood was written (though it's better-known through the Brothers Grimm version - I grew up with the Grimm version and didn't read the Perrault version until I was nine. In the French version, the story ends after the wolf eats the girl.) I actually got to see wild wolves in Provence when I was thirteen.

jakerust
October 22nd, 2014, 09:08 AM
I LOVE wolves! they are so awesome

danie_wolf
November 26th, 2014, 02:43 AM
I am very glad this thread exists. I absolutely LOVE wolves. I think they are beautiful animals and they can teach humans so much about family and loyalty. I have not seen a wolf before but I feel like they are my spirit animal. I am actually getting a tattoo of a wolf paw on my shoulder in 2 months and I am really excited about that

phuckphace
November 26th, 2014, 03:10 AM
my state has plenty of wild coyotes. there's a lot of space for them to roam around in, and they seem to mind their own business, so i wouldn't think wolves would be any different.

sweetcake
November 26th, 2014, 03:48 AM
I love wolves. I've got a poster of a wolfpack in my room. It's my third favorite animal after the red panda while the dog is second best. Gotta luv my canines <3

LilEmma
January 22nd, 2015, 02:11 PM
Nearest wolves live about 30-100 km from where i live (they move a lot). Many people say they want them killed, they are too close to densely populated areas, they have killed some sheep, even couple of dogs and cats from peoples backyards. They have not harmed any people in this country since 1880's, when they supposedly killed some children. After that they were hunted practically to extinction. It is illegal to hunt them now, unless it is an individual wolf that often comes close to people. Really difficult situation, they sort of belong here, but they may be dangerous to children in rural areas.

amgb
January 22nd, 2015, 05:16 PM
Holy...wow. I think it's pretty amazing having wolves living in conjunction with a community (yeah I know there are complications). I love all animals big and small.