PDA

View Full Version : A talent fourm ....

CrazyPerson101
July 20th, 2014, 07:50 PM
Ok so I noticed we have a art forum and it's a great place to pictures and whatnot of your art work and many other but I was thinking to myself... A talent forum would be nice to have. Many people have different talents, some singing, some drawing and many many many other things, Now I do know that this may have pro's and con's about this idea ( if this doesn't fall under any forums but I don't think it does, correct me if im wrong ) So anyway, What do you think ?

Meganium
July 20th, 2014, 11:15 PM
It's kinda already covered. There are forums in the Art Room where things such as drawings, music, or similar things can be posted by members as their own. Unless you have some abnormal talent in mind, such as cooking with your eyeballs, then there's no reason to not post it there. Even if you did have something like that in mind, I'm sure it could fall under "Other Works" or most definitely in a diary which calls for it if not your own.

A lot of talents tend to lead to the art category anyway, so I'd say that that's probably the most appropriate place.

Gamma Male
July 20th, 2014, 11:44 PM
Doesn't VT already have way too many forums?

CrazyPerson101
July 21st, 2014, 01:34 AM
It was just a suggestion....

It's kinda already covered. There are forums in the Art Room where things such as drawings, music, or similar things can be posted by members as their own. Unless you have some abnormal talent in mind, such as cooking with your eyeballs, then there's no reason to not post it there. Even if you did have something like that in mind, I'm sure it could fall under "Other Works" or most definitely in a diary which calls for it if not your own.

A lot of talents tend to lead to the art category anyway, so I'd say that that's probably the most appropriate place.

Ok.... Well It would still be nice to have a place to post different things, I mean its weird saying : My talent is .... soccer for example or some other sport and having it put under art work, and Other works ? It maybe fall under it idk that's why I said correct me if Im wrong ( if we do and or don't have one )

Vt can never had enough forums , plus in the settings, you can delete fourms you don't wanna see anyway

Posts merged. Next time, please use the "Edit" button. ~Elysium

Elysium
July 21st, 2014, 06:57 AM
VT can have too many forums. As other staff members have said repeatedly in other similar suggestions, we don't want to clutter the forum and then have a ton of inactive sections; that's just not effective management.

As for your idea, I think it would be better suited for a diary or a discussion thread in TWPR. I don't think it merits an entire section.

xXl0sth0peXx
July 21st, 2014, 10:14 AM
I'm in agreement with Elysium here. I really don't think a forum is necessary; you can always request a diary or create a thread in either TWPR or hell, in Other Works forum. It's not a bad idea by any means, I just don't think it would get a lot of activity.

Pepito
July 21st, 2014, 10:19 AM
I think I'll agree with what everyone else has said. Most of the talents are catered for in the Art forum. If you have any others, then there are suitable sections in the Teen lifestyle forums, (e.g cooking, sports, etc.). And if you're talent is really unique/unusual you can always create a new thread.

azure moonstone
July 21st, 2014, 11:40 AM
I'm pretty sure I have seen music written by VT members and talent videos in the Other Works section of the forums. There really isn't a need for a separate section.

CrazyPerson101
July 21st, 2014, 12:23 PM
Ok... well I thought it was a nice idea but nvm

Lost in the Echo
July 21st, 2014, 02:07 PM
Ok... well I thought it was a nice idea but nvm

Well, personally, I could see how it's a good idea. But as mentioned, there are other forums talent-related topics could be posted under.

So yeah, don't feel bad. This was actually a decent suggestion, there just can't be a forum for absolutely everything :P

Silicate Wielder
July 21st, 2014, 09:13 PM

Not compared to some of the over-bloated forums I've been to.

Why dont we make it a hobbies forum? a place where people can talk about their hobbies and get tips and tricks from other members? but that's just my look on it.

Rayquaza
July 22nd, 2014, 07:12 AM
I was thinking instead of the 4th wall, we should have a proper "Teen Lifestyle" forum that's in the Teen Lifestyle subtopic. Music and Media both fit into Teen Lifestyle, as well as Talents and also threads that go into TWPR such as a recent thread about birhday parties. This would reduce clutter and also be more active as those forums individually are not as active. What do you guys think? It would also give mods less clicking to do to moderate threads as they would all be aggregated neatly into a more wholistic topic.

CrazyPerson101
July 22nd, 2014, 09:50 AM
I was thinking instead of the 4th wall, we should have a proper "Teen Lifestyle" forum that's in the Teen Lifestyle subtopic. Music and Media both fit into Teen Lifestyle, as well as Talents and also threads that go into TWPR such as a recent thread about birhday parties. This would reduce clutter and also be more active as those forums individually are not as active. What do you guys think? It would also give mods less clicking to do to moderate threads as they would all be aggregated neatly into a more wholistic topic.

Hey I like that idea :)