PDA

View Full Version : do you feel numb to it all?

Evanescent14
July 18th, 2014, 07:49 AM
A friend of my sister raped me, he's has done it twice now, I don't think I even tried to fight him hard enough, the second time I probably deserved it because I didn't do anything about it the first time, and I'm not even sure I care tbh.
Is it wrong to feel like that, there's too many other things, my dads abuse, mental health problems, I expect things like this to happen now, or am I letting them?
what I think is, people see us as ruined people anyway and they don't think more hurt can get to us
Am I wrong to think this? is it true?

Dalcourt
July 18th, 2014, 07:53 AM
Well, if you a mentally unstable and your self esteem is low due to abuse and you don't have a loving family to talk to you seem like an easy target for others. I mean they know that you are hurt by someone and don't do anything against it, so why shouldn't they try and get away with it? It's cruel but that's how it is I'm afraid.

Evanescent14
July 18th, 2014, 08:08 AM
Then it is my fault, because I let it happen.

Dalcourt
July 18th, 2014, 08:38 AM
Then it is my fault, because I let it happen.

I never said that, I just said that if you've been a victim once it's more likely to be a victim more often cuz of your lack of self esteem.

Of course it's wrong what your sister's friend did...you should report him and not let him get away with it.

Soldier212
July 18th, 2014, 10:32 AM
Peanut24 is right I am afraid. It is not your fault. It is (I hate to say it this way) coincidence. You just happened to be in the wrong situation, and there is nothing you can do, and then these cruel people take advantage of you. Never blame yourself.

ithinkalot2
July 19th, 2014, 09:49 AM
Well, if you a mentally unstable and your self esteem is low due to abuse and you don't have a loving family to talk to you seem like an easy target for others. I mean they know that you are hurt by someone and don't do anything against it, so why shouldn't they try and get away with it? It's cruel but that's how it is I'm afraid.

He's right :(
Sometimes I feel numb when it happens, other times its like being in hell, being numb to it or letting your head go somewhere else its like protecting yourself in some way.

xandyx
July 19th, 2014, 12:17 PM
I go from numb to crying and back all in one day. Im really up and down with this crap. Sometimes I think I'm over it but then other times I wouldn't care if I died. Ur not alone ok? :)

jessie3
July 19th, 2014, 04:35 PM

It's okay pathetic all of the things peanut24 described im the same way too.