PDA

View Full Version : Changing Usernames?

Microcosm
July 17th, 2014, 08:08 PM
I think a 6-month period between username changes might be a bit much.

Hollywood
July 17th, 2014, 08:19 PM
Another forum I'm on requires you to wait a year, I'd say 6 months is pretty reasonable. If the time limit were any less I think things would get confusing.

Gamma Male
July 17th, 2014, 08:47 PM
If the time limit were any less I think things would get confusing.

Yeah, I think this is the main reason it needs to stay at 6 months. That seems like a fair amount of time.

azure moonstone
July 17th, 2014, 08:55 PM
Six months seems to me like a very fair amount of time - considering you get a "free" name change anytime after you register. The six month wait time doesn't even start until after you change it once.

However, if you have a legitimate reason for wanting to change your username (security, misspelled, etc...) then the Admins, Mike and Val, are usually pretty understanding about it and willing to work with you if you contact them.

Ben_Frost
July 18th, 2014, 09:23 AM
Six months is a fair amount of time, it's quite annoying to see an user changing names every week... you think you know who you're talking to and then the username changes and you have to remember this new name only to have it changed again quickly.

TheLoneWolf
July 18th, 2014, 09:28 AM
On a Dutch forum I'm on you can online change your name once. No matter how long your on the forum, you can't change it more than once.
I was actually quite surprised you were allowed to change it so often on here.

You choose your name carefully, don't you? Why would you want to change it so often then?

Typhlosion
July 23rd, 2014, 01:40 PM
I played Runescape, and they incorporated a name-changing system that was allowed every month. After little time I had NO clue what was who on my friends list.

I don't see problems with 4-month changing, but I don't see any problems with the current time limit either. Why bother?

CosmicNoodle
July 23rd, 2014, 01:59 PM
Yeah, I think this is the main reason it needs to stay at 6 months. That seems like a fair amount of time.

Exactly, it wouldn't be so bad with the dinosaws, but with the smaller or less frequent members you wouldn't know who was who 90% of the time.

CharlieHorse
July 23rd, 2014, 04:21 PM
I think a 6-month period between username changes might be a bit much.

You're not allowed to change your username!
Even if you could.

ImCoolBeans
July 23rd, 2014, 06:28 PM
Lowering the time limit for changing a username isn't a good idea in my opinion. It would be nearly impossible to keep up with who is who, it's already hard enough with username changes.