View Full Version : Who should i tell?

July 14th, 2014, 11:26 AM
A family member has been sexually abusing me for years, I didn't understand what he was doing when I was younger, I know now that's its not ok, but I'm scared of him.
I can't take much more of it, we have a very close family and I don't think anyone will believe me, they wont think he would do this, I know they wont, so I cant tell them.
I want him to stop, but I'm so ashamed I didn't make him stop and haven't told anyone.
Who can I go to?
I want it to stop :(

July 14th, 2014, 11:46 AM
Family, a teacher, a friends parent and the police are all great options. I would encourage you to talk to an adult you trust and then go to the police with them so you feel like you have someone to support and encourage you.

Living For Love
July 14th, 2014, 12:12 PM
You should definitely talk with an adult about it, someone you trust, and then report it to the authorities with his/her help. I think that's the only way to make him stop.

July 14th, 2014, 12:26 PM
This post personally meant something to me, as I was also sexually abused when I was younger by one of my parent's friends. Instead of going any longer without telling someone, call the police. Don't let the person threaten you. Just call the cops. I was nine years old when this man started raping me and touching me. It degrades, it scars and never fades from your mind. I became addicted to drugs at an extremely young age to cope with my problem and it ruined my body. Do yourself a favor and don't wait any longer to tell.