PDA

View Full Version : Phone Call Tips

Kass
July 11th, 2014, 04:55 PM
So I'm 17 years old and my parents and teachers are really pushing me to go to university because apparently I'm intelligent and I should go.

I've looked on the internet for loads of stuff and it has been helpful but I need to ring up colleges and universities. I literally hate talking on the phone to anyone, even family and avoid it whenever I can (AKA I ignore the phone when it rings and pretend I didn't hear it if anyone asks.

Anyone got any tips on what I can do to help me with this?

Crystalline
July 22nd, 2014, 11:42 AM
I get that same way too, I'm entering into college now and every time I have to either go up there or call the college I freak out. What I like to do is try to calm my self down and write out all the questions I have on a piece of paper. Then I sit there and ask the questions out loud over and over until it feels natural. (I know it sounds silly but it helps me not sit on the phone stuttering and blanking out.) After that I chant in my head that I can do this and just call them. It's a strange way,but I use that method and it seems to work. Heck, I even do that right before I call in a pizza. x3 Hopefully I helped you out!

geecastrell
October 29th, 2014, 06:56 PM
I find the thing that really helps me is similar to Crystalline, I will write out my opening sentence to the conversation eg: Hi I am calling about... on a piece of paper. That way I know I won't panic the moment I hear someone's voice and end up hanging up. Hope this helps :)

Elysium
October 29th, 2014, 07:44 PM
I find the thing that really helps me is similar to Crystalline, I will write out my opening sentence to the conversation eg: Hi I am calling about... on a piece of paper. That way I know I won't panic the moment I hear someone's voice and end up hanging up. Hope this helps :)
Please don't post in threads that have been inactive for two months or more. :locked: