PDA

View Full Version : getting called fake

AllTimeLoser
July 11th, 2014, 12:18 PM
I have suffered from panic attacks for years now with a variety of triggers, but this one girl constantly calls me a faker and "pathetic" because I don't cry when I have panic attacks, and because she cries when she does that apparently makes it a universal thing. I tried to tell my best friend but he's sort of into her and just shouts at me for talking badly of her... how do I make people stop believing her lies?

diddykong53
July 11th, 2014, 12:24 PM
the difference in opinions between your guyfriend and yourself isn't good. If he's shouting at you that's not a good thing, he should accept your different opinion rather than getting defensive about it. at any rate, you are right. this girl doesn't know what she's talking about. My friend Ivy had a panic attack right next to me and she didn't cry. you aren't a faker and your feelings are real. try to ignore this girl. tell the boy how you feel, maybe think about changing friends. yelling isn't good at all.

AllTimeLoser
July 11th, 2014, 12:39 PM
the difference in opinions between your guyfriend and yourself isn't good. If he's shouting at you that's not a good thing, he should accept your different opinion rather than getting defensive about it. at any rate, you are right. this girl doesn't know what she's talking about. My friend Ivy had a panic attack right next to me and she didn't cry. you aren't a faker and your feelings are real. try to ignore this girl. tell the boy how you feel, maybe think about changing friends. yelling isn't good at all.

thank you Andrew, I've tried to tell him but it always ends up in awkward arguments tbh :/:(

Rayquaza
July 11th, 2014, 06:08 PM
I don't think he's a very good friend if he doesn't believe you. To be honest, I'd find someone else to talk to, and try and tell the girl to stop spreading lies. If she doesn't listen, just ignore her and don't give her the time of day. You can do better than people that take something seriously as a joke. If you know you're not fake and you're not being fake, people will see it and realise that you're not, and they'll know that the rude girl is the fake one.

AllTimeLoser
July 11th, 2014, 06:28 PM
I don't think he's a very good friend if he doesn't believe you. To be honest, I'd find someone else to talk to, and try and tell the girl to stop spreading lies. If she doesn't listen, just ignore her and don't give her the time of day. You can do better than people that take something seriously as a joke. If you know you're not fake and you're not being fake, people will see it and realise that you're not, and they'll know that the rude girl is the fake one.

I guess that all is true, I just avoid the subject with him now but thank you for the advice

but to be honest... this girl is just making my anxiety worse. I look over during a lesson and I see her whispering something to one of my friends, I see them look at me and I just feel like slowly everybody is constantly whispering "fake", "pathetic", "idiot" behind my back...

thatgothgirluknow
July 11th, 2014, 08:41 PM
it doesnt matter what they think or say dnt let it get to u only u can know the truth when i have panic attacks most times i cry but sometimes i dnt i mean i even had flashbacks without crying before some people are just stronger than others maybe thats why or maybe ur just scared to cry whatever the reason her opinion doesnt matter any friend who would yell at u and dought u isnt a good friend ur better than them dont worry wheather or not their talking behind ur back or not have faith in urself and find new friends if they are anyone who is willing to tlk behind ur back isnt worth worrying about dont let it get to u

AllTimeLoser
July 11th, 2014, 08:46 PM
it doesnt matter what they think or say dnt let it get to u only u can know the truth when i have panic attacks most times i cry but sometimes i dnt i mean i even had flashbacks without crying before some people are just stronger than others maybe thats why or maybe ur just scared to cry whatever the reason her opinion doesnt matter any friend who would yell at u and dought u isnt a good friend ur better than them dont worry wheather or not their talking behind ur back or not have faith in urself and find new friends if they are anyone who is willing to tlk behind ur back isnt worth worrying about dont let it get to u

thanks that's actually really nice, so helpful