PDA

View Full Version : My parents

diddykong53
July 9th, 2014, 10:55 AM
Well it started when is was only 6 I think and the girl who lived next to me would come over to hang out and she would touch me down there. And I didn't know it then but she was abusing me. Now I deal with verbal abuse. My mom only points out everything I'm doing wrong and she can only do it by yelling at me. My dad hasn't said he loves me in 3 years and he used to when he was tucking me in for bed lay on top of me and kiss me. And he's a big guy but I always try to push him away and he would wrestle me. Now he never comes into my room and I am OK with that. But I'm not sure how to deal with my past it hurts a lot to think about it. If you know how to get rid of shame please please tell me.

AllTimeLoser
July 9th, 2014, 01:56 PM
I know it sounds so insincere but I get how hard it is trying to escape your past. I wasn't abused that I can remember but I struggled with it in my family. All you need to remember is that it wasn't your fault, stay strong

diddykong53
July 9th, 2014, 07:32 PM
Thanks I was diagnosed with depression and i really can't talk to any of my friends about it, and I tried but they got angry at me and said just be happy. But it's very hard when there is so much sadness.

AllTimeLoser
July 10th, 2014, 07:14 AM
Thanks I was diagnosed with depression and i really can't talk to any of my friends about it, and I tried but they got angry at me and said just be happy. But it's very hard when there is so much sadness.

I know, friends try to be supportive but it frustrates them because they don't understand that you don't choose to be unhappy. There will be someone who understands though so keep on trying

diddykong53
July 10th, 2014, 07:52 AM
I know, friends try to be supportive but it frustrates them because they don't understand that you don't choose to be unhappy. There will be someone who understands though so keep on trying

who will understand?:(

AllTimeLoser
July 10th, 2014, 10:26 AM
who will understand?:(

well I don't know your friends but there are people out there who understand but until then, you have us on VT. I understand :)

diddykong53
July 10th, 2014, 10:34 AM
well I don't know your friends but there are people out there who understand but until then, you have us on VT. I understand :)

AllTimeLoser
July 10th, 2014, 11:53 AM
yeah definitely :) i'm at like 30-something posts

Steve Jobs
July 10th, 2014, 11:54 AM
Like Lauren said, I was never abused but I've been faced with a similar situation with my family. They're all so distant from me, and I grew up just dissociating myself out of everything I didn't like about the world around me and it's made me grow distant from everything.

It's hard, but there are people out there who will listen and connect. Sometimes it's hard to open up to the people closest around you because they've known you for so long yet they've never been aware of the extent of everything you've been going through.

I don't think it's about trying to get rid of shame. Accept yourself for who you are. The more you try and conceal your reality, the bigger the lie you're living out for yourself. Make the best out of what's in your hands :)

diddykong53
July 10th, 2014, 01:30 PM
Like Lauren said, I was never abused but I've been faced with a similar situation with my family. They're all so distant from me, and I grew up just dissociating myself out of everything I didn't like about the world around me and it's made me grow distant from everything.

It's hard, but there are people out there who will listen and connect. Sometimes it's hard to open up to the people closest around you because they've known you for so long yet they've never been aware of the extent of everything you've been going through.

I don't think it's about trying to get rid of shame. Accept yourself for who you are. The more you try and conceal your reality, the bigger the lie you're living out for yourself. Make the best out of what's in your hands :)

thank you :)