PDA

View Full Version : Geocaching!

Kacey
July 8th, 2014, 07:48 PM
So I just found my first geocache today.
A geocache is a hidden container that can be found using a GPS, and your senses. Geocaching.com is a great website to start.
I had the question then, does anyone on the forums geocache also, or am I alone on this?

Freckles
July 8th, 2014, 09:23 PM
I've never tried it but I have watched somethings on youtube about geocaching and it sounds like a lot of fun.

CharlieHorse
July 8th, 2014, 10:28 PM
I used to do it a lot. All over the country, when I traveled, etc.

I should do it again.

Babs
July 8th, 2014, 10:40 PM
My dad and my siblings and I used to go geocaching when I was around six. It was a lot of fun. This thread brought back a lot of memories...

jessie3
July 18th, 2014, 04:21 AM
I went geocaching in 5th grade and it was fun

Melodic
July 18th, 2014, 12:24 PM
I'm actually about to start Geocaching.

goodnightxmoonx
August 12th, 2014, 01:41 PM
I'm excited about doing it but I'm only in the U.S. in the summer some years (I live in Taiwan the rest of the year, where geocaching is virtually nonexistent) and I think it would be a fun thing to do on my own, a.k.a. when I have a car/can drive which is still some years into the future...sigh.

Calyx
August 12th, 2014, 02:04 PM
I've done geocaching too with my family and found it great fun. Although I don't do it as much now I still try to where possible.

wasaby
August 12th, 2014, 02:19 PM
Ive done it before, it is quite fun especially when u find an interesting conatiner. I once found one really small in a hollowed out pebble that was next to many others in a forest

ImCoolBeans
August 12th, 2014, 09:16 PM
I've never done it myself, but have heard it can be a lot of fun. From what I understand the "prizes" aren't anything too substantial, it's more about the experience and fun of doing it.

Luminous
August 12th, 2014, 09:41 PM
I used to geocache a little bit a few years back. I'd like to keep doing it, but I haven't really had time, or the resources to do it. Now I've got a phone though I might try it, if I can find geocaches in places close enough to walk to. It's a lot of fun and kind of exhilarating when you find a cache and read the log of everyone who was there.

Derek951
August 13th, 2014, 01:51 PM
I've heard of it, but have never done it. It does sound kind of fun.

Typho
August 13th, 2014, 02:25 PM
I'm actually about to start Geocaching.

Me too

CosmicNoodle
August 13th, 2014, 03:38 PM
I'd like to try it, but I dont have a GPS