PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions Sticky

BuryYourFlame
July 7th, 2014, 07:53 AM
I've noticed a couple of re-occurring questions popping up in the suggestions forum (namely suggestions of lowering the PM post limit). Some of these happen at least once every couple of weeks if not more. Maybe if there were enough repeating questions and people actually read it a sticky thread outlining suggestions that have already been taken in to account then it may help slow down these threads?
It would also been interesting to see previous member suggestions that have been implemented in to the site.
Basically I'm suggesting a format like "suggestion" -> "accepted/decline" -> "reason (if applicable)".
As I said before, it would probably only work if there were enough repeated suggestions and if new members actually read the sticky but I guess that's for the staff to decide haha

xXl0sth0peXx
July 7th, 2014, 12:53 PM
Truthfully, most people don't read stickies like that. It really irritates me also, seeing all the duplicate threads that have been answered, but if people can't even scroll down to read titles of other threads on the first page, they won't read a sticky on it either. It's been thrown around staff a few times, but ultimately turned down because it'd likely be a waste of our time, the way this one (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=153812) is.

As for your second idea, I think it's an interesting concept, but I don't really know if there's a point to it.. We still have all the threads from the suggestions, and it's fairly easy to see if it was accepted or rejected or whatnot. Unless I've totally misunderstood your idea, in which let me know.

Overall, I don't think this is a bad suggestion, but I don't think it'd do much good.

DerBear
July 12th, 2014, 09:35 AM
I suggested this around 2 years ago and I was told the exact same thing as Val has just said. Its a good idea in theory, but people don't read them often enough so it wouldn't really work.

Elysium
July 12th, 2014, 09:39 AM
There is this brief FAQ (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=153812) in VT HQ that addresses at least the question of 100 posts to PM, but obviously, as it stands, nobody seems to bother reading it thoroughly enough anyway before asking some of the same questions that are already answered.