PDA

View Full Version : Rate Your Cooking Skills

Freckles
July 4th, 2014, 05:57 PM
How would you rate your cooking skills? I'd say I'm good. I can cook a few things but nothing too difficult. I especially like making Mexican food.

Hollywood
July 4th, 2014, 06:08 PM
Poor. I can cook anything out of a can or anything that can be cooked on the stove top. Anything else? Someone had better call the fire department.

UnknownError
July 4th, 2014, 06:50 PM
good imo. i just need to be focused.

TheN3rdyOutcast
July 4th, 2014, 06:55 PM
I can cook most easy things, I'm pretty good at baking and cake decorating, and with a little assistance I can handle raw meat.

Blood
July 4th, 2014, 11:56 PM
I chose the fair option but it's most likely poor.

Dalcourt
July 5th, 2014, 12:00 AM
I'm a quite good cook...some people always complain that the things I cook are too hot cuz I love chili, Tabasco and other spiceslike that.

JamesSuperBoy
July 5th, 2014, 08:07 AM
Good I would say - and I can wash up as well.

NeuroTiger
July 5th, 2014, 08:28 AM
I'll say Good...

Gamma Male
July 5th, 2014, 11:12 AM
Pretty good. I especially like making vegan Mexican food. Spanish rice, soft blackbean tacos, guacamole, stuffed peppers, homemade chips and salsa, all sorts of stuff.

Lovelife090994
July 5th, 2014, 11:17 AM
I often put things together and follow recipes I find in magazines and they are always the bee's knees.

Kurgg
July 5th, 2014, 01:11 PM
I think I'm fair cook even though I'm pretty good at household economy.

Abyssal Echo
July 5th, 2014, 01:18 PM
My mom started teaching me how to cook at 8 so, I chose good. I can make a lot of on the stove and in the oven. cook on the bbq grill.

Horatio Nelson
July 5th, 2014, 01:27 PM
I think I'm pretty good. Cooking isn't all that hard IMO.

My mom always says if you can read you can cook. :D

Grilling is my favorite though.

Typho
July 5th, 2014, 02:48 PM
Good, i can cook pretty good, my mom and my grandma teached me how to do it. And my dad teached me how to make a bbq grill.

Emerald Dream
July 5th, 2014, 02:50 PM
I would say my cooking is good, but not great. I like trying to cook new things, and it usually turns out decent. I think I can survive on my own and not get food out every night. :)

Melodic
July 5th, 2014, 03:14 PM
Very good! :)

Karkat
July 5th, 2014, 03:24 PM
I'd say good. I can follow basically any recipe and have it come out satisfactorily, and I can cook some things by...'ear'? What would you even call that, lmao? Eyeballing it, I guess. Without strict guidelines. Like I don't permit myself to do that with pork, chicken, or beef (though I might learn to cook steak soon) because I don't really trust our meat thermometers, and you can get sick from those, and I don't do it with baked goods because if you cook that shit for too long or not long enough, it's a DISASTER.

Ever got paranoid that your chocolate chip cookies were waaaaaaay too soft (because you didn't let them set, you dumbass lmao) and baked them until they were practically rocks? Exactly. :lol: You have to know what you're doing when it comes to baked goods, a lot of times.

But like, I can cook fish, veggies, eggs (but not well?? Eggs are like my cooking weakness for whatever reason. Unless they're scrambled or hardboiled. :lol: ), etc. without a guideline. I've actually made sushi and sashimi before. (Didn't turn out bad- the sashimi [though it wasn't exactly sashimi- it was cured...] turned out great, but the maki was way too fat LMAO)

I also improvise and come up with my own shiznit sometimes, and it's usually satisfactory. Improvised tilapia with mayonnaise sauce, and it turned out BEAUTIFULLY. Yum. That'd be one of my more successful examples. :P

BabyGirl98
July 5th, 2014, 09:03 PM
I'd say good lol.

Luminous
July 5th, 2014, 11:03 PM
I chose fair but I also could have chosen good. I can follow most recipes easily, but don't know how to cook anything super fancy. I honestly can't remember ever cooking anything that really came out badly. I once substituted a good 4 or 5 ingredients in a homemade alfredo sauce and it came out decent - I had seconds!

Stahli
July 6th, 2014, 01:35 PM
I'm OK (I should be a lot better considering I'm doing catering at school -.-) but I sometimes just miss out the odd ingredient or it just doesn't come out right. I want to get a lot better because I think it's fun to cook, just need to be focused and not rush as much.

Freckles
July 8th, 2014, 05:53 PM
The funny thing about cooking is we can all make the same thing using the same ingredients and each one will taste different

Cognizant
July 8th, 2014, 06:16 PM
I'm Definitely not restaurant chef material, but I can whip up some tasty meals if I'm motivated.

the main issue I have is my family treats our kitchen as one big pantry - only the utensils are organized and that's it. So it often takes me like 2x the amount of time just because I have to clear space and then rummage through the kitchen to find something like a spatula....drives me crazy.

Gottaloveaginger14
July 14th, 2014, 08:36 PM
I'm pretty fantastic lol

Miles.
July 29th, 2014, 11:41 PM
I can make many very difficult and delicate dishes, but I'm no master chef.

chess123
July 29th, 2014, 11:53 PM
Ive been cooking for the past 10-12 years so I am a fairly good cook. Like I can make a new years feast consisting of beef roast, turkey, whipped potatoes, creamed corn, cream peas, steamed carrots, stuffing and gravy. I can do this all from scratch and by myself.

evgenia
July 30th, 2014, 03:06 AM
Pretty good ... and I like trying new recipes! I particularly like making different soups ... stilton and leek soup is my all time favourite

Satsuki
July 30th, 2014, 08:32 AM
Well i amnot a chef but no bad either so my cooking skils is fair :) and i improve it everyday :P

rtw1997
July 30th, 2014, 08:39 AM
Good--especially for a teenage guy haha

Wyatt 13
August 1st, 2014, 09:31 AM
I rated myself fair I like cook but i'm not good at it.

Bull
August 1st, 2014, 09:36 AM
I'm a quite good cook...some people always complain that the things I cook are too hot cuz I love chili, Tabasco and other spiceslike that.

You cook like me. Love the chili flavor and hotness! I make a mean pot of chili, well really two pots 'cause I make one for the weak of heart and one for those of us who like the real deal. May our tribe increase!

Babiole
August 2nd, 2014, 07:56 PM
Not very good, though to be fair I've only started learning how to cook. My mom is teaching me how to cook.

unknownuser
August 3rd, 2014, 03:33 AM
On a scale of 1-10, NEGATIVE 46768435486451.
I can't cook. At all. Such a stereotypical woman I am; the only things I can make are microwavable meals.

CosmicNoodle
August 3rd, 2014, 03:37 AM
Urm...I can cook it provided it comes from a can, rarely will I try anything fun, but I do so etimes pull of basic meals

xXl0sth0peXx
August 3rd, 2014, 11:29 PM
I voted very good, but that might be a bit of a stretch although I'd say I'm more than good.

I can follow a recipe and have things turn out, and I can also venture off it and either modify it or create my own things.. or merge a few recipes together to make what I want. I'm good with seasonings and I garnish well, so I'd say I'm a step between good and very good maybe?

JustNathan
August 10th, 2014, 12:45 PM
I voted 'Fair'. I know how to make stuff from a can, microwave dinners, etc. If I had to, I would be able to make scrambled eggs. I know how to bake easy things. I guess I'm decent in some areas. But more often than not, I have my parents make me food for meals. :p

Croconaw
August 11th, 2014, 04:07 AM
I can't cook. I set the oven and microwave on fire several times.