PDA

View Full Version : What Environment Would You Like To Live IN?

Freckles
July 4th, 2014, 05:44 PM
What kind of environment would you like to live forever? (On the ocean, by a lake, in the woods etc) For me it would be in a forest beside a lake. I love trees, wild animals, wildflowers and the water.

Hollywood
July 4th, 2014, 05:46 PM
Weirdly enough, I'd love to live in a desert environment. I can deal with heat, especially since it's a dry heat. I just find the desert very interesting, although I can see why a lot of people would think of it as boring.

TheN3rdyOutcast
July 4th, 2014, 05:47 PM
If I had the choice, the topography wouldn't matter too much, but the climate would be the deciding factor. I like mild summers and long cold winters with lots of snow. However, I like living near forests and rivers because of all the wildlife I get to see. Foxes, rabbits, snakes, hummingbirds, owls, wolves and coyotes...

Dalcourt
July 5th, 2014, 12:05 AM
Hm, I love the hot and humid climate in the bayous...I also love the ocean, so I guess I love the environment best where I'm now, as weird as this is for me to admit, lol.

DisneyPrincess27
July 5th, 2014, 12:57 AM
By the mountains

Cognizant
July 5th, 2014, 02:09 AM
I honestly don't know. I've lived in the wonders of the premium suburbia that is Silicon Valley all my life (the type of suburbia which has tree lined streets with multimillion dollar homes with fences and antisocial neighbors, bmw 5-series everywhere, and a town centre with some activity going on).

I love it here, but it can get boring. I like San Francisco (2nd most densely populated city in the USA), yet some place like NYC seems like it's *too* big for me, and I'd get bored of a small town in the middle of the desert quite fast. So I guess somewhere somewhat urban, but not so large and packed that it takes half an hour just to get to the other side of the city.

Climate wise though, I like my place here where it's moderately warm yet not overkill.

Satsuki
August 2nd, 2014, 10:02 AM
Well thats a tough question for me :/. Wll soetimes i would love to be in a forrest with wild life and cloose to a river or lake but from the other hand i would love to be close to a beach and sea becaus e i was raised close to the sea

Typhlosion
August 2nd, 2014, 08:41 PM
By a nice mountain range, but not far from the beach. Vast, open forests around the mountain range. In a small city, around 100k pop. city. -5º minimum, 28º maximum. Low humidity. Not too rainy.

...This is sounding like my birthtown Corvallis.

ksdnfkfr
August 2nd, 2014, 10:42 PM
Where I am right now. It has everything. A small quirky coastal city full of 100 year old buildings and houses, with forests, rivers, lakes, pastures, meadows and mountains around it. Best of all....most of the year it's overcast.

Svan
August 4th, 2014, 02:33 PM
An art mecca.

Plane And Simple
August 4th, 2014, 03:40 PM
Close to an international airport. :wub: I don't care about anything else.

By a nice mountain range, but not far from the beach. Vast, open forests around the mountain range. In a small city, around 100k pop. city. -5º minimum, 28º maximum. Low humidity. Not too rainy.

...This is sounding like my birthtown Corvallis.

Granada, in Spain, is your city.

Merged Double Post. ~StoppingTime

thatcountrykid
August 5th, 2014, 12:26 AM
a mountain lake

Gamma Male
August 5th, 2014, 01:56 AM
New Mexico. But with bigger cities.

ImCoolBeans
August 8th, 2014, 02:23 PM
I'd like to live somewhere tropical, where I could grow really wild, tropical plants.

micheal951
August 10th, 2014, 10:03 AM
I would love to live on the outskirts of a city, far enough so I am close to the wildlife (love photography), but close enough to the city for access to shops and people.

Abyssal Echo
September 9th, 2014, 10:26 PM
Either in the woods near a lake or close to the beach.

Lost in the Echo
September 9th, 2014, 10:52 PM
In the woods. It's peaceful, and I love animals.

pjones
September 14th, 2014, 07:11 PM
where i am now, can go to the beach everyday if i want to.

Christen
September 14th, 2014, 07:59 PM
given free choice a spanish farm on the coast
old sandstone house, grass plain, the ocean

Melodic
September 14th, 2014, 09:30 PM
I'd love to live in a big city.

Ben_Frost
September 14th, 2014, 09:32 PM
A forest in the mountains, or a peaceful forest close to a river.

Croconaw
September 14th, 2014, 10:38 PM
I want to live in a hot and humid climate.

NathansPen
September 15th, 2014, 05:46 AM
In an island with forest and mountains close to a fresh water spring

Ross231
September 16th, 2014, 01:13 PM
I live at the seaside, and I love it :lol: Summers aren't scorching and we don't even get snow in winter.

JimmyP
September 17th, 2014, 02:10 PM
Hiking and skiing are two of my passions, so I want to stay in the mountains. I love the Rockies, but I also really want to learn to surf. So maybe somewhere like California or Oregon where you have the ocean and the mountains.

Daniella98
September 17th, 2014, 02:30 PM
In the country between small and cozy organic farms.

Tendencies
September 21st, 2014, 11:51 PM
I would love to live in a city kind of like Seattle. I love the rainy and dreary kind of weather. A lot of people find it to be depressing, but I find it to be calming and amazing. If I couldn't do that then I would have to say I would want to live in a place like LA. Still a big city but with sunny beaches and stuff.

Uranus
September 30th, 2014, 10:37 AM
A big town!

L.A.
Pittsburgh
Nashville
Miami

James Dean
October 1st, 2014, 03:57 AM
Where most of my family is. They are in Ohio and I understand it's a different atmosphere. I would like to live on the east coast one day later to see what it's like and how the weather and people are different.

Karkat
October 6th, 2014, 08:35 PM
Either desert like I currently live in, or temperate forest. Maaaaybe tropics. Maybe. It depends on a few things.

Country Cowboy
October 14th, 2014, 07:40 AM
I absolutely hate big cities so I wouldn't want to live in one on those. I would like to live somewhere in the middle of the woods in western America but not in California. I would be noth enough thoug to see some wolves. It would be a small town just big enough for a convenient store and grocery store.

Weirdly enough, I'd love to live in a desert environment eal with heat, especially since it's a dry heat. I just find the desert very interesting, although I can see why a lot of people would think of it as boring.

I know how you feel! I live in a high dessert right now and people are always complaining about how dry it is and other stuff. They also complained about how small the town is and how there is no beach or anything here. What they don't appreciate though is that we have mountains durian ding us, and that's where all the water is. I like the dessert landscape too though. We have juniper and piñon trees everywhere except in the mmountains, which is pretty cool. i personaly love it here!

Posts merged. Next time, please use the "Edit" or "Multi" button. ~Elysium

Zsofia
October 21st, 2014, 07:24 AM
Lake of Como in Italy! Forest, mountains and lake.

mollyjellybelly
October 21st, 2014, 11:17 AM
For me it would be in a forest beside a lake. I love trees, wild animals, wildflowers and the water.

I love where I am, woods and lakes and farms all around. My best friend lives in a place just like you describe. Her's is the only house on one side of a lake in the middle of a forest. All summer I spend every minute I can there!

Typho
October 21st, 2014, 12:26 PM
In a city with a little colder weather

jakerust
October 21st, 2014, 01:08 PM
the one i currently live in.
the mountains!
i literally have 1 neighbor and there house is 1/2 a mile away
and my back yard is the mountain.
we have like 6000+ acres of MOUNTAIN.
IT'S AWESOME

CrazyPerson101
October 22nd, 2014, 04:54 AM
You know the movie AVATAR , I want to live in a place with that kinda setting, those trees/forests where beautiful :3 ( I don't mean the lighting up everything but the general setting )

sweetcake
October 22nd, 2014, 08:11 AM
I'm currently living in a heavy populated city, it's so hot and polluted here, not to mention the daily traffic. I mean I like how civilized the people are, but I just wish I lived in a more peaceful and quiet surrounding.

bbwolf26
October 22nd, 2014, 11:17 AM
By the ocean on a beach. Love the waves and the sounds.

Horatio Nelson
October 22nd, 2014, 01:28 PM
BC, it's so beautiful there.

Whiskers
October 29th, 2014, 12:46 PM
My ideal environment would be in a continuously snowy area I like the cold and hate the heat
On my holiday in Spain I spent the entire trip in a cooled room

queenofcontrariety
October 29th, 2014, 03:21 PM
I want something mild, with like average temps between 55 and 75, and I want there to be like a really cute little lake.

Emerald Dream
October 29th, 2014, 03:44 PM
I would love to live somewhere where it is cool most of the time, preferably somewhere that is seasonal. I can't stand the weather when it is blazing hot, and I am not too fond of the extreme cold either. If it was Autumn year round - then I would love it. I like a lot of open space too...somewhere with big fields. :)

Charlie48
November 14th, 2014, 08:08 AM
anywhere that's slightly warmer than where I am now lol. :D

Snydergate
November 14th, 2014, 08:26 PM
Beachfront in a tropical climate. Aruba or Roatan, Honduras are the places I would like to live

Reg_
September 30th, 2015, 10:05 PM
somewhere where it rains a lot. I love the rain

SweetieGirl
November 2nd, 2015, 08:28 AM
lake beside the forest sounds good. i also like tropical islands

bfldworker
December 30th, 2015, 11:58 PM
Where it is cold! I want to visit Barrow Alaska and Yellowknife, Northwest Territories Canada. If it was legal I would move to Antarctica. I love the cold, I prefer it, something refreshing and exhilarating about it.

german_boy
January 4th, 2016, 08:18 PM
Close to the coast, close to the mountains and in an urban or suburban region, next to nature

roadwarrior
January 11th, 2016, 09:40 AM
I like my environment where I live right now (tropical climate with two seasons)... I also like to live in much more colder regions like mountain, temperate and subarctic places...

ZacTheZebra
January 12th, 2016, 04:46 AM
Futuristic city that would be soo cool anyone else agree

3 posts til' PM

gemma 2000
January 25th, 2016, 11:07 AM
By the sea

hazelteen
January 25th, 2016, 05:31 PM
Warm, sunny Forrest... In a tree house (obviously!)

Tris
January 25th, 2016, 10:41 PM
Somewhere where you can smell the airs of the earth, a pure freshness of air that makes you relax. A very peaceful and relaxed place

Emerald Dream
January 25th, 2016, 11:06 PM
This thread was bumped. :locked: