PDA

View Full Version : I feel entirely trapped now

Karkat
July 1st, 2014, 10:01 AM
I have GAD. My life seems like an unending series of anxiety attacks NORMALLY, but it's been getting BAD lately.

I'm talking "wake up in the morning with a severe anxiety attack" bad. "Get anxiety over doing your favourite thing" bad. "Get anxiety over eating, sleeping, showering" bad. Feeling like I'm having a miniature heart attack every time I hear a bump in the house.

I'm also in a manic phase right now, and I don't really sleep or eat, both as a result of being manic and a result of having anxiety. I also have that feeling like stomach acid is eating away at the walls of my stomach. Constantly. My mouth is dry. I'm uncomfortable in my own skin. My chest is heavy. It's hard to breathe.

It's like this ALL THE TIME. This is FAR worse than my GAD has ever gotten.

I'm in constant fear that my hamster (SHE'S A BABY) will die, or that I don't know, something will go wrong. My dog (old dog) will die. I'll grow distant from my mom after I move out and this is the closest we'll ever get. Once I move out, I'll never see any of my parents' pets again. That sort of thing.

Some of them are seriously legitimate, if a bit...Overkill for my present situation, but some are just stupid. Like the fear that my friends will die. My boyfriend will die. One of my parents will die. I'll die.

Part of me wants to die because life is terrifying, and I don't want to face it.

God, what is wrong with me??

Horatio Nelson
July 1st, 2014, 10:32 AM
I don't know, but it sounds terrible. I hope you start to feel better soon.

Karkat
July 1st, 2014, 03:57 PM
I don't know, but it sounds terrible. I hope you start to feel better soon.

Thank you.

Hudor
July 2nd, 2014, 01:26 AM
I have GAD. My life seems like an unending series of anxiety attacks NORMALLY, but it's been getting BAD lately.

I'm talking "wake up in the morning with a severe anxiety attack" bad. "Get anxiety over doing your favourite thing" bad. "Get anxiety over eating, sleeping, showering" bad. Feeling like I'm having a miniature heart attack every time I hear a bump in the house.

I'm also in a manic phase right now, and I don't really sleep or eat, both as a result of being manic and a result of having anxiety. I also have that feeling like stomach acid is eating away at the walls of my stomach. Constantly. My mouth is dry. I'm uncomfortable in my own skin. My chest is heavy. It's hard to breathe.

It's like this ALL THE TIME. This is FAR worse than my GAD has ever gotten.

I'm in constant fear that my hamster (SHE'S A BABY) will die, or that I don't know, something will go wrong. My dog (old dog) will die. I'll grow distant from my mom after I move out and this is the closest we'll ever get. Once I move out, I'll never see any of my parents' pets again. That sort of thing.

Some of them are seriously legitimate, if a bit...Overkill for my present situation, but some are just stupid. Like the fear that my friends will die. My boyfriend will die. One of my parents will die. I'll die.

Part of me wants to die because life is terrifying, and I don't want to face it.

God, what is wrong with me??

Well well well your GAD is indeed BAD. I just hope it is a phase that will pass soon and you would be better considering it is hard for you to meet a psychiatrist soon. Although as your symptoms are advancing i feel a psychiatrist would be the best option for help.

Elvalight
July 2nd, 2014, 02:12 AM
You may not be one for herbal remedies but about 1-2 tablespoons of dried oat straw and passionflower made into tea( put herbs in coffee filter, put coffee filter in hot water in mug and let it steep 3 or so minutes, drink straight, in morning) works great. They are both nervine herbs, can be taken daily( no side effects) and also help with depression, insomnia and contain various vitamins and calcium. You can find them at either a health food store or( my fav) online at bulkherbs, which I think costs no more than like $10 or so. I've been having panic attacks on and off, but this Spring hit me really hard. after about a week of this I felt SO much better. You can also use chamomile, but daily use can be bad for you. Get at least 7 hours of sleep, eat as little sugar/caffeine( yeah, give up coffee 4 now) and trade any loud music in for something calming( chillstep. just. CHILLSTEP.) try to avoid loud people( lol, like my sister) and listen to plenty of creepypastas( heheheheh)
keep us updated.

Karkat
July 2nd, 2014, 02:41 PM
Well well well your GAD is indeed BAD. I just hope it is a phase that will pass soon and you would be better considering it is hard for you to meet a psychiatrist soon. Although as your symptoms are advancing i feel a psychiatrist would be the best option for help.

Yeeeah, not sure when seeing a psychiatrist will become an option.

But you're right, I feel like once I see my doc and go set up with a psychiatrist things will get better. But geez, it's tiring to think about the meantime...

You may not be one for herbal remedies but about 1-2 tablespoons of dried oat straw and passionflower made into tea( put herbs in coffee filter, put coffee filter in hot water in mug and let it steep 3 or so minutes, drink straight, in morning) works great. They are both nervine herbs, can be taken daily( no side effects) and also help with depression, insomnia and contain various vitamins and calcium. You can find them at either a health food store or( my fav) online at bulkherbs, which I think costs no more than like $10 or so. I've been having panic attacks on and off, but this Spring hit me really hard. after about a week of this I felt SO much better. You can also use chamomile, but daily use can be bad for you. Get at least 7 hours of sleep, eat as little sugar/caffeine( yeah, give up coffee 4 now) and trade any loud music in for something calming( chillstep. just. CHILLSTEP.) try to avoid loud people( lol, like my sister) and listen to plenty of creepypastas( heheheheh)
keep us updated.

See herbal remedies help SOMETIMES, I actually take multiple natural supplements, but I've never tried the ones mentioned, so I might give that a shot.

Just curious, why is daily use of chamomile so bad? I used to drink it all the time when I was little.

Elvalight
July 2nd, 2014, 03:44 PM
Yeeeah, not sure when seeing a psychiatrist will become an option.

But you're right, I feel like once I see my doc and go set up with a psychiatrist things will get better. But geez, it's tiring to think about the meantime...

See herbal remedies help SOMETIMES, I actually take multiple natural supplements, but I've never tried the ones mentioned, so I might give that a shot.

Just curious, why is daily use of chamomile so bad? I used to drink it all the time when I was little.

Whoops, I remembered that it's only a concern if you already have allergies. Chamomile should be safe, it's just less potent than oat straw and passionflower :)

Karkat
July 2nd, 2014, 03:58 PM
Whoops, I remembered that it's only a concern if you already have allergies. Chamomile should be safe, it's just less potent than oat straw and passionflower :)

Ahhhh alright XD

CrazyPerson101
July 6th, 2014, 08:20 PM
Oh Im sorry to hear you have GAD and its BAD, Im on a experimental Anxiety meds ( I forget what its called , im to lazy to go look ) and they work for me ( I don't have GAD ) but my where pretty bad, maybe go see a doc and see if it may work for you ? Good luck

Microcosm
July 6th, 2014, 08:24 PM
Nothing is wrong with you. You're a human being. We have imperfections. Just give yourself some time. Things should lighten up. I also suggest talking to someone and possibly getting medicated or something. Hope you start feeling better soon.

Karkat
July 6th, 2014, 08:34 PM
Oh Im sorry to hear you have GAD and its BAD, Im on a experimental Anxiety meds ( I forget what its called , im to lazy to go look ) and they work for me ( I don't have GAD ) but my where pretty bad, maybe go see a doc and see if it may work for you ? Good luck

Anxiety mess have not worked for me so far, unfortunately :/

Nothing is wrong with you. You're a human being. We have imperfections. Just give yourself some time. Things should lighten up. I also suggest talking to someone and possibly getting medicated or something. Hope you start feeling better soon.

Thing is, I'm on medication. It's just not anxiety medication, and I don't even know how that would work. I'm in a manic phase right now, so this is probably the best things will get for a while, and I should be thankful that it's not worse...

Thanks though

CrazyPerson101
July 6th, 2014, 08:42 PM
Anxiety mess have not worked for me so far, unfortunately :/

Thing is, I'm on medication. It's just not anxiety medication, and I don't even know how that would work. I'm in a manic phase right now, so this is probably the best things will get for a while, and I should be thankful that it's not worse...

Thanks though

Ohh well Ok then sorry I couldn't be much help then :/

Karkat
July 6th, 2014, 09:02 PM
Ohh well Ok then sorry I couldn't be much help then :/

No, you're fine, I appreciate the response anyways :)