PDA

View Full Version : Bunnies

Babs
June 28th, 2014, 05:28 PM
Do you have a bunny? and if so how long did it take them to get used to you?
I have a bunny and I have had him for 3 1/2 months, and he was fully grown when I got him. He will tolerate a petting (although a few times he has sprawled out and genuinely enjoyed a good petting) and will eat out of my hand but he mostly doesn't seem to be used to me so I try not to handle him much. He could just not like being handled though. But he rubs his chin on me occasionally which people say is god because he's leaving his scent.
I know most bunnies hate being held but I see some tolerating it. I don't want to hold him for cuddling's sake, I just want to be able to in the event I actually NEED to hold him.
I know behavior differs with different breeds. I'm not sure what breed he is, I think he's a mix of something, all I know is that he's a domesticated rabbit rather than a rescued wild rabbit.
So what do you think? How long did it take your bunny to get used to you? And when it did start to like you, did it like to be pet?

Ben_Frost
June 28th, 2014, 06:39 PM
I had two bunnies and they took about 3 months each, they enjoyed petting but the eldest of them waas a bit more stubborn and would only let me hold her after I fed her.

JamesSuperBoy
June 28th, 2014, 07:18 PM
Just be sure rabbit feels secure if you hold -

TheN3rdyOutcast
June 28th, 2014, 07:46 PM
I haven't ever had a pet bunny, but I've spotted plenty of the little buggers hopping around in our front lawn, just before sunrise.

Hollywood
June 29th, 2014, 03:43 PM
I don't own any as pets, but there's a ton of them that hang out around my house.

Abyssal Echo
July 19th, 2014, 10:45 PM
I don't have a pet rabbit but there's a bunch of them that hang out in a wooded area near my back yard.

conner74
July 22nd, 2014, 12:52 PM
i want a rabbit :(