PDA

View Full Version : being antisocial/social anxiety

etfboy
June 25th, 2014, 09:25 PM
Hey guys i don't know whats happening to me.I just feel like being antisocial with the college im going to and also scared cause of my social anxiety,i have 2 friends going with but don't judge me for being a douchebag but i wanna ditch them in college.But i also wanna avoid all people and make friends in general .I don't know why im feeling this maybe cause i don't wanna make college like high school.Cause those friends i have i'm always the one being pushed around.I just need help i don't know what to do.

Angry Elf
June 26th, 2014, 12:07 AM
If you're being pushed around, ditch them and don't feel bad about. Your anxiety? You have to face it head on (I had severe social phobia/anxiety between the ages of 11 and 19). When I began working in a call center, I had to legitimately force myself to go through with making the calls and talking to hundreds of people a day; many actually acted the way you fear most, rejecting you. Not only rejection, but insults too!!! That's what happens in that line of work. This DEFINITELY helped to break me in, and now I have no problem at all walking up to strangers and comfortably initiating conversation with them. Perhaps you need to do this as well. Oh, I'm very antisocial too. That wasn't so bad with the phobia, but now the tables have turned. It's just who you are. I have 3 VERY close friends, and I don't talk to or see them much; but I know they are there, and I love seeing them on occasion. My boyfriend and I live together, and I find myself preferring interaction with him over anyone else. I cling to one or two people in my life- not several.