PDA

View Full Version : I'm moving, and wish to adopt a dog, suggestions?

ElectricForest
June 25th, 2014, 07:14 PM
Well with my family moving to a new state, we all agreed on adopting a dog once we move in. We have owned dogs in the past and all of them were well mannered but they were all big dogs. Since my younger brother is still terrified of large dogs we want to adopt a medium sized dog but we have no idea which breed would be most compatible, opinions?

TL;DR
Suggestion for a medium sized dog who would be family friendly?

Blood
June 25th, 2014, 07:24 PM
A beagle.

Best family dogs and they're some tough sons of bitches.

TheN3rdyOutcast
June 25th, 2014, 07:32 PM
Perhaps if possible you could adopt a puppy, that way, no matter what the siz of the dog, your brother can see the dog grow up and he won't be afraid of the dog when it's fully grown.

Babs
June 27th, 2014, 05:22 PM
It depends on what you're looking for.
I have a cavalier king charles spaniel, he's a pretty normal dog, but he's pretty smart.
I hear good things about German Shepherds too.

Feraligatr
July 2nd, 2014, 01:06 PM
Always get a beagle!

Abyssal Echo
July 2nd, 2014, 01:18 PM
I love my Pitts they're very sweet, loving, family friendly and protective dogs. Really the breed is up to you. If you decide to get a puppy don't pick the pup you like let the pup come to you. If you can try adopt from a rescue or shelter.

Remora
July 2nd, 2014, 01:22 PM
Meh. Take a cat.
I mean, i'm more of a cat person, but i definitely think the Beagle is a good idea. It's a medium-sized dog and he's super family friendly, besides, as Jess mentioned before they're tough sons of bitches.