PDA

View Full Version : Vbookie

JamesSC
June 21st, 2014, 02:29 PM
Hey guys, okay - so I've been on forums powered by vBulletin before and one of my favourite features of most of them was a "vbookie"

People get credits on the site for things like posting, helping the mods, good threads, and then they can use those credits to bet on things like World Cup matches or Wrestling events and they could bet on the winners and see who becomes the richest.

I was wondering if we could do that here.

Typhlosion
June 21st, 2014, 03:38 PM
AFAIK, VT had a similar system - the reputation system. And I yet haven't heard positive comments about it.

I really see how this fun thing can go messed up really easy by ego.

CassnovA
June 21st, 2014, 04:09 PM
rep and vbookie are nothing alike

CosmicNoodle
June 21st, 2014, 04:13 PM
We used to have a system like that, no one really liked it so it was removed.

StoppingTime
June 21st, 2014, 07:28 PM
We used to have a system like that, no one really liked it so it was removed.

No, we've never had a system like this, and I don't think we will be adding one. Those sorts of add ons sort of detract from VT's purpose in general, and they just seem to fill up space on the site for no reason.

Camazotz
June 22nd, 2014, 01:42 AM
Hahaha, well I guess if you look at the way the rep system was abused, I think it's fair to say that they both had the same goal: become the richest.

It sounds fun, but would really be useless on a forum like VT. I'm sure it'd have its purpose on other forums, but not so much on a teen help site.

xXl0sth0peXx
June 22nd, 2014, 10:44 AM
I don't think this is what VT is about. We're a help and advice site, and of course we have off topic forums, but our main thing is help and advice. If we were more of a general discussions forum, I could see something. I see it essentially turning into a competition, which isn't good on a help site.