PDA

View Full Version : Can't study and don't care

CcRoder
June 19th, 2014, 09:04 PM
So I've been told that I have an inability to care about school but in reality, I'm all wound up for exam time but I can't possibly study. I get nervous, overwhelmed, and today I spent an hour curled up in a blanket with a migraine and tremours because it was a minor panic attack.

What do I doooooooooooooo

CrazyPerson101
June 20th, 2014, 02:49 PM
So I've been told that I have an inability to care about school but in reality, I'm all wound up for exam time but I can't possibly study. I get nervous, overwhelmed, and today I spent an hour curled up in a blanket with a migraine and tremours because it was a minor panic attack.

It sounds like you have anxiety ( like me ). What I have to do is get up and walk around , do jumping jacks or take a break like go take a shower or whatever. Bascially , try to calm down. Then when you're done with your break, sit down, think on what the assignment is and then try and do it. Pm if you want ill try to help out as muc has I can

JamesSuperBoy
June 20th, 2014, 02:53 PM

Who " told that I have an inability to care about school"?

maybe try and talk to someone about this - it is stressful doing exams.

pastel
June 20th, 2014, 02:56 PM

What do I doooooooooooooo It's a form of anxiety, I have the same issue. I lose concentration and not want to do anything because stress and nervousness. Personally, I just put on soft music to get into a calming mood and I set a time limit for how long I'll be studying for. Maybe try 30 minutes study, 10 minutes break and so on. You can do it, just try to find your zen.

Miserabilia
June 20th, 2014, 02:58 PM
Let it go man, 1.5 years ago when I compeltely stopped caring about school and actaly started doing less and less (and currently basicly NO) school work, my grades actualy got better.
Sorry for the terrible advice, I mean don't stop doing schoolwork, but just let it go, it can actualy improve your concentration if you don't force yourself into studying alot for a long time, but just do a little here and then.

ksdnfkfr
June 21st, 2014, 04:57 AM
I think maybe this is something they call executive dysfunction. Gets mentioned on my autism forum a lot (don't have to have autism to have it). It's like where you just can't bring yourself to do stuff that needs to be done and then have anxiety over the idea of doing it and anxiety over not being able to do it. outside of counseling/therapy, I guess you gotta bite the bullet and knuckle down and do the work....if that's possible.