PDA

View Full Version : Restriction removal

UKNOWHO
June 18th, 2014, 02:00 PM
I think it's pretty unfair that you must have 100 posts before sending PMs. I recently was gathering people for the purpose of forming an art group yet I'd need some rather personal contact information and don't want them to just post it out in the open which is against the rules. I feel very strongly that this extremely taxing restriction be removed. Am I the only one?

Harley Quinn
June 18th, 2014, 02:02 PM
The limit is there for a reason and it won't be lowered or removed any time soon, while sure you may have good intentions, not everyone here does. It doesn't take all that long to get 100 posts anyway to be honest. You're not the only one that thinks this I'm sure, but trust me, the restriction is entirely needed.

BuryYourFlame
June 18th, 2014, 07:35 PM
No, you're definitely not the only one. Every month at least some new user comes in whining that they can't message without 100 posts. We have no way to validate if you're telling the truth or not so it can't be approved on an individual basis. It makes it just a bit harder for internet predators to find victims and 100 posts is a tiny amount, it's definitely worth it and isn't going to be changed.

Jeremy1999
June 25th, 2014, 01:01 PM
I get why this exists but it should be lower then 100. I might not be a very active forum member but I'll still want to send a message to someone. Oh well, the mod has spoken lol

CrazyPerson101
June 25th, 2014, 01:09 PM
I'm sorry but it does not take long to get 100 posts, I've been here a month and a day now and I have 640+ Posts . If you really want to send a pm, then get 100 posts. If we didn't have t, Internet predators would be all up on here and having the 100 post thing helps keep them low if not out of here.

Ben_Frost
June 25th, 2014, 01:43 PM
I think it's a good measure, maybe you're not like that, but if it weren't for that restriction every user would have their inbox with at least one spam message from a bot account or an account created to advertise other sites. If you and your friends want to create a group in this community then they have to contribute to the community by posting, it doesn't take long to get those 100 posts.

Sir Suomi
June 25th, 2014, 02:22 PM
No, it's necessary, because it protects us from both internet predators (To an extent) and also protects us from Spam Bots (To an extent).

100 posts doesn't take that long, as long as you're active.

plebble
June 25th, 2014, 02:27 PM
I didn't even know that rule was a thing, I guess I passed 100 posts before I PMd anyone anyway. It doesn't really take that long to reach 100 posts, browse forums, help people out and you'll be there in no time :)
Btw the VT Arcade forum does not add to your post count.

Body odah Man
June 26th, 2014, 05:08 AM
I agree with Siobhan. Some restriciton is needed to weed out the serious community members and the dishonest ones. If anything the restriction should be raised

Melodic
June 26th, 2014, 05:32 AM
It actually is quite more helpful than you think. If we set a post count lower for PM's, it'll make it easier for VT not to be the safe community that was created. Lotta bots, lotta creeps, lotta freaks, lotta 40 year old pervs.

CassnovA
June 26th, 2014, 05:55 AM
i disagree with the reasoning, but wouldnt lower it. ive been here 4 months and am on 180 posts. i see people pass that in the space of a week. it is good that if people join then they have to be a part of the community and post, but if they are so eager to talk 121, they can just use vm instead.

NeuroTiger
June 26th, 2014, 09:07 AM
The 100posts milestone isn't that hard to reach...
Certainly, not everyone has good intentions while creating an account on VT. It's like a type of security to maintain this section of the rules and regulations as it is.