PDA

View Full Version : Cat has little wounds in her neck D:

Remora
June 10th, 2014, 01:55 PM
So a big credit to my feline army, literally translated from Dutch "licoricy" (Droppie), also known as my "cat", has these little wounds in her neck and they don't seem to be regenerating. They got there after we put an anti-flea necklace thing around her neck and she scratched trying to get it off. We reckoned her suicide attempts weren't worth the absence of fleas so we took off her band, and she stopped scratching.

This, however, did not help regenerate the wounds; i huggle with her often and i see and feel the dried blood and i'm scared :c

She's two years older than me, 16 years old, i grew up with her and i'm afraid i'm going to lose her... ;( Why is not regenerating? Does it take long? Even if it won't, will she survive? I'm so worried D:

Great Feline out~ 3:

Miserabilia
June 10th, 2014, 03:06 PM
Mmm I think it might not heal well because it's a spot that's continiously being stretched and moved around, maybe your vet has a solution.

CosmicNoodle
June 10th, 2014, 03:10 PM
Mmm I think it might not heal well because it's a spot that's continiously being stretched and moved around, maybe your vet has a solution.

Yup^

Might want to take her to a vet if they arnt healing.

Remora
June 10th, 2014, 03:11 PM
yeah, i guess visiting my vet is a good idea (i really want her to be fine ;c)

Sarah1996
June 10th, 2014, 06:08 PM
Awwe! D:
I think its just the fact that well its a pretty old cat.
So yeah vet for sure.

Emfinite
June 11th, 2014, 06:25 PM
Hope kitty is ok and gets better...

Remora
June 11th, 2014, 11:18 PM
The vet said it won't regenerate anytime soon, but won't cause any problems either. I'm kinda glad she's *fine* but still wanna be able to pet her "properly" (without running into dried blood)

Emfinite
June 13th, 2014, 05:52 PM
Floof just let her get better and get her rest.. Good Luck!!!! With Kitty

Dalcourt
June 13th, 2014, 10:56 PM
Hm, one of my cats has a wound like that on his shoulder, too...he has it for many years now. it's some scar tissue he got from his former owner who abused him when he was a lil kitty.
The skin there stretches a lot when he moves around and as soon as it starts healing he started scratching till it started bleeding again ...I asked the vet about it and there can't be done anything...it is no health risk.
Just try to keep the wound clean so that she doesn't get an infection of any kind. Hopefully she doesn't develop a nervous tick like mine scratching this wound open for years...

And well, the anti-flea necklace things aren't really worth the trouble...I had a few cats that were allergic to them or got fleas anyway.

I wish you and your cat all the best.

Remora
June 14th, 2014, 12:03 AM
Thanks!
One thing i keep noticing too is that she really dislikes when you pet her near the wound. I've also wittnessed her attempting to scratch there quite a few times, now my mom wants to put a... i think they're called lamp shade? around her neck :C

Aliases
June 14th, 2014, 05:31 AM
Thanks!
One thing i keep noticing too is that she really dislikes when you pet her near the wound. I've also wittnessed her attempting to scratch there quite a few times, now my mom wants to put a... i think they're called lamp shade? around her neck :C

Don't antagonize her by petting near the wound then lol. She'll get pissed and scratch the hell out of you xD

justarandomteen
June 27th, 2014, 11:11 PM
Yes, definitely take her to the vet. Oh and just wondering, how much cats do you have?

Remora
June 28th, 2014, 03:03 PM
Yes, definitely take her to the vet. Oh and just wondering, how much cats do you have?

At the moment, two. We've had... 16? so far.

justarandomteen
June 29th, 2014, 09:27 PM
At the moment, two. We've had... 16? so far.
Lol I thought you had like 5+ cats due to the "cat army" and such.

Remora
June 29th, 2014, 11:47 PM
Lol I thought you had like 5+ cats due to the "cat army" and such.

Well, we used to have seven at once but the last fertile girl died so they all gradually bit the dust :(

Calliope
June 30th, 2014, 10:16 PM
Aww :( Poor kitty. I'd say something more relevant but it seems everything important has already been said. But yeah, don't pet near the wound if she doesn't like it.
i think they're called lamp shade? around her neck :C
Cone of Shame. Or just a cone.

Noxail
July 2nd, 2014, 01:17 AM
Sounds like fleas to me. The dried blood could either be from the bites themselves or you could be feelings "flea dirt" which is waste from the parasites. The itching and constant scratching is consistent with fleas. Her neck won't heal until the fleas are gone. I suggest getting an oral flea preventative by prescription from your vet. They're very effective, and most kitties are tolerant of them. Both of your cats should be treated. You could probably get both from the vet for about twenty bucks.

~holli

Remora
July 2nd, 2014, 10:16 AM
Sounds like fleas to me. The dried blood could either be from the bites themselves or you could be feelings "flea dirt" which is waste from the parasites. The itching and constant scratching is consistent with fleas. Her neck won't heal until the fleas are gone. I suggest getting an oral flea preventative by prescription from your vet. They're very effective, and most kitties are tolerant of them. Both of your cats should be treated. You could probably get both from the vet for about twenty bucks.

~holli

They actually do have the little flea repellent bands! But she scratched trieeing to get them off and that was what initially caused the wounds... i'll try the oral flea preventative though, thanks alot for replying!

Emfinite
July 10th, 2014, 06:13 PM
Hey floor. How is kitty doing..

Oops I mean floof..sorry

Remora
July 10th, 2014, 11:43 PM
Her wounds havy mostly regenerated, theres just one little bit of dried blood but the hairs grew back c: