PDA

View Full Version : Better Mobile View

Omniscient
June 9th, 2014, 10:49 PM
I'm not sure if this has been suggested already, but I think that there should be a prettier mobile version of this site. The current one looks too plain, boring, and not user-friendly.

Typhlosion
June 9th, 2014, 11:03 PM
I find the mobile version perfect. Remember that mobile version isn't necessarily smartphone-version. A lot of old phones appreciate the low data usage of the mobile site. And since my phone carrier doesn't have great service here, I am also happy w/ the mobile site as it is.

Omniscient
June 9th, 2014, 11:11 PM
I find the mobile version perfect. Remember that mobile version isn't necessarily smartphone-version. A lot of old phones appreciate the low data usage of the mobile site. And since my phone carrier doesn't have great service here, I am also happy w/ the mobile site as it is.

Then maybe there could be a basic version (the one that we have now) and a pretty version.

Harley Quinn
June 10th, 2014, 03:46 AM
It's not meant to look pretty, it's meant to do its job for mobile usage and I think it does do just that. I'm not even sure there is even a 'prettier' version, if you find one, compatible with VT, then by all means.

xXl0sth0peXx
June 10th, 2014, 08:05 AM
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Basically, what you think is pretty, others may not and vice versa. I think the mobile view is wonderful, and serves the purpose it should. It's supposed to make it easier, which is does.

As far as I know, the number of people who use the mobile theme isn't large either, and I don't think adding another would be beneficial. Most people, myself included just use a normal theme on a phone browser and it works perfectly fine, and looks good.

DerBear
June 10th, 2014, 08:50 AM
I like it, the bland look and easy to navigate links are perfect and means that even when you have crap phone internet you can still navigate fairly quickly.

flappybird
June 10th, 2014, 01:48 PM
I find navigating this site on phone pretty good.

douglaseverett1998
June 11th, 2014, 11:13 AM
They need a site for say smartphones and tablets. Trying to use this site on my iPod touch, I'm constantly zooming in and out.

flappybird
June 11th, 2014, 12:13 PM
They need a site for say smartphones and tablets. Trying to use this site on my iPod touch, I'm constantly zooming in and out.

You needn't pinch. Just double tap on the section you want to read.

It is pretty easy and neat. I like the consistency between the computer and mobile versions of this site.

douglaseverett1998
June 11th, 2014, 12:18 PM
You needn't pinch. Just double tap on the section you want to read.

It is pretty easy and neat. I like the consistency between the computer and mobile versions of this site.

I know that but just the trouble of it bugs me.

Luminous
June 11th, 2014, 12:42 PM

If you go down in the lower left corner, you'll see a white box where it says the name of your theme in it (Mine says Black & Gold, for example. If you have never changed it before, it probably says Forever Blue). Click on that box and select 'Mobile'. That's the mobile version of the site. You can bring it up on anything that can browse the site, so yes it will work on your iPod touch. I prefer to just use the normal desktop modes on my phone, though.

Microcosm
June 11th, 2014, 12:44 PM
I like the mobile view. It works for me.