PDA

View Full Version : Birds

ImCoolBeans
June 7th, 2014, 12:28 PM
How do you feel about birds? I know a lot of people who have a strong dislike for birds, I'm personally cool with birds, but probably wouldn't want one living in my house (as a pet).

JamesSuperBoy
June 7th, 2014, 12:36 PM
I could watch birds out in nature or the garden - we have a few bird tables and nest boxes around -

CosmicNoodle
June 7th, 2014, 12:37 PM
Depends, if its a pidgeion. Then in my opinion they are evil bastards designed to do nothing but shit on windscreens.
However if its a Robbin I'm perfectly OK with it.

Elysium
June 7th, 2014, 12:42 PM
I used to own parakeets as pets. I love birds.

ImCoolBeans
June 7th, 2014, 12:49 PM
I could watch birds out in nature or the garden - we have a few bird tables and nest boxes around -

That's how I like birds too. I think they're beautiful and interesting, and like them in the wild, but don't want them in my house :P

If I had a bird living in my house I'd probably want it to be a colorful parrot or one of those huge white ones with the feather mohawk.

Hollywood
June 7th, 2014, 12:55 PM
I could never own a bird as a pet, because I'm far too irresponsible to take care of something living, but I have a bird feeder and a few birdhouses in my yard. I think they're pretty neat, my favorite of the birds we get around here is the painted bunting:

http://www.ejphoto.com/images_FL/FL_PaintedBunting06.jpg

TheN3rdyOutcast
June 7th, 2014, 01:37 PM
Birds are interesting little creatures especially the colorful ones that always perch on the bird feeder in front of my house. I like watching birds.

Stryker125
June 7th, 2014, 01:55 PM
I like birds, they're really cool. I like to watch them when I see them out in nature but I wouldn't want one as a pet or anything

Gamma Male
June 7th, 2014, 02:54 PM
Of course I like birds, though I would never keep one as a pet in a cage for ethical reasons.

Dalcourt
June 7th, 2014, 11:10 PM
I like birds and sometimes they are cute to watch. However I would never keep one in a cage...I feel that this is cruel.

Horatio Nelson
June 7th, 2014, 11:30 PM
I love birds....they can fly...like in the air....

Say whaaaaat?

I would hate to have a pet one though.

Raptors are my favorite kind. :D

unknownuser
June 8th, 2014, 02:08 AM
As long as they're not pooping on me or my car, our relationship is pretty good.

Pet birds are cute and pretty to look at, but I don't think I'd want one as a pet.

ksdnfkfr
June 8th, 2014, 02:36 AM
A pet bird would be way too annoying to me with the sounds they make. Someone I know has a pet yellow cockatiel and she's super cute and affectionate. For outdoors I love birds a lot. I feel like I have a good connection with them and they seem to like me. Lots of times when I'm sitting outside birds will land right next to me and not act scared of me. other autistic people have posted similar experiences too. Grackles (http://www.outdooralabama.com/images/Image/Great-tailed_Grackle.jpg) are the ones I get along with really good. and pigeons will actually let me pick them up, but I don't like touching them so I don't hardly ever do it. I think this goose (http://i.imgur.com/bYOBA6A.png) wanted me to adopt him, he followed me all over and kept resting his head on my lap whenever I sat down on the ground.

Seemyheart
June 8th, 2014, 02:45 AM
I like birds, some are really beautiful. But I wouldn't have any for pets, too much noise

Hypers
June 8th, 2014, 04:26 AM
i like how birds are beautiful and majestic but i hate how birds steal food like at parks if you leave some food unattended there will be some bird there

kaydencorey
June 8th, 2014, 08:30 PM
I love birds, they are my favourite, I live with an African grey and he is simply amazing, so smart, so much fun and a good friend :)

Typhlosion
June 8th, 2014, 08:47 PM
Red-hooded pitohui

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/61/Pitohui_dichrous.jpg

THAT'S a badass bird. Touching it is TOXIC.

Yeah, birds are really interestig. But after a while they're all plumage, wing span and cry. Not THAT interesting IMO.

Lost in the Echo
June 10th, 2014, 02:59 AM
They're alright, but crows are a different story :P That screeching sound they make is so annoying.

dame
June 10th, 2014, 07:40 PM
I'm scared to death of birds. I don't care where I am or who I'm with, I will run if a bird is flocking over my head. At my local mall there is a very bad crow problem, at night literally millions of crows flock around the parking lot. I made the mistake of going one night & literally sprinted inside the mall & caused a scene lmao. I just can't fuck w/ birds.

Ben_Frost
June 10th, 2014, 08:22 PM
I've got two birds, they're quite noisy but they make it up in cutesy. Wouldn't recommend them to anyone as pets, they get sick quite easily, and they're always chattering.

ImCoolBeans
June 10th, 2014, 11:07 PM
I could never own a bird as a pet, because I'm far too irresponsible to take care of something living, but I have a bird feeder and a few birdhouses in my yard. I think they're pretty neat, my favorite of the birds we get around here is the painted bunting:

image (http://www.ejphoto.com/images_FL/FL_PaintedBunting06.jpg)

Oh wow, that is a beautiful bird. I love it's colors.

LouBerry
June 10th, 2014, 11:15 PM
I would personally never want one because I've heard they are quite loud sometimes, but my best friend has too parakeets, and they are gorgeous. I like birds in general, we have bird feeders outside so that we can watch them, but again, I'd never want one as a pet or anything.

Melodic
June 12th, 2014, 03:43 AM
As long as they dont poop on my head, they are cool.

My grandpas actually obsessed with birds, to the point half of their walls are covered in bird pics he took

Hudor
June 12th, 2014, 04:09 AM
I had parrots as pets 7 or 8 years ago. We kept them for over a year and then decided to release them into the wild because keeping them encaged and imprisoned just didn't feel right.

Typho
June 12th, 2014, 04:23 AM
I like birds, how can some people hate them? I'd like to have one as a pet, but my parents don't.

johny1996
June 12th, 2014, 05:27 AM
I love birds.. and I love to listen their voice.. even when I go to my village to meet may grandpa well I love to spend time over there and the morning is awesome, because you can heard the birds are singing in the morning and it feel so nice...

even I love to play "Angry Bird".. :LoL.. ;) ;)

AndrewWiggins
June 23rd, 2014, 12:48 PM
I have a bird that drives me nuts every freaking morning

Freckles
July 3rd, 2014, 10:51 AM
Depends, if its a pidgeion. Then in my opinion they are evil bastards designed to do nothing but shit on windscreens.
However if its a Robbin I'm perfectly OK with it.

The birds that usually crap on your windshield are starlings not pigeons unless you live in a downtow area in a city or on a farm.

I love most birds. We have feeders to attract them.

-merged double post. -Emerald Dream.

Remora
July 3rd, 2014, 11:15 AM
There was a dead bird in front of my door this morning, does that count?

Croconaw
July 3rd, 2014, 01:41 PM
I have two birds.

CosmicNoodle
July 3rd, 2014, 04:42 PM
The birds that usually crap on your windshield are starlings not pigeons unless you live in a downtow area in a city or on a farm.

I live in a farmland area, and what I said was a joke, I am aware its not just pidegons.

Babiole
July 4th, 2014, 11:16 AM
I get along with birds pretty well. I've even fed them.

I like the larger birds such as ostriches, emus, flamingos, storks, condors, and cranes. We have greater flamingos in the Camargue area of France, not too far from where I live. I've seen them.

micheal951
August 10th, 2014, 10:13 AM
I love birds, they make great subjects for photography, as soon as I am old enough and have the money I want to go to Costa Rica, the wildlife there is wonderful, and the bird life spectacular.

Emerald Dream
August 10th, 2014, 11:26 AM
I am not a huge fan of birds, and I would probably never have one as a pet...probably because I don't think I would be able to keep up with it, and the noise/smell would annoy me (this probably goes for most pets :P). Some of them are pretty, sure...and I don't hate birds at all - but I would never go out of my way to go birdwatching or anything like that.

hockeyfan
August 13th, 2014, 02:46 AM
I enjoy birds outside. They're not my fav pet