PDA

View Full Version : anxiety ticks plz help

izzybeth
June 4th, 2014, 02:53 PM
I have been having these ticks and i have had anxiety for 4 years but for the past 2 weeks when i get anxiety attacks i like shake me legs or crack my knuckles and i dont know how to stop it and i cant deal with it i cant be calm an u help

thatgothgirluknow
June 4th, 2014, 03:07 PM
i know how u feel i shake allot and tap things pluss allot of other things when my anxiety acts up just try to put ur feet flat on the floor take a deep breath and try to calm down the ticks wont stop until you do try not to think about them it will only make them worse if u do try to distract urself if u can i wish u the best luck

Miserabilia
June 4th, 2014, 03:08 PM
I don't think you can really easily stop doing something like that.
It's basicly a way to deal with the anxiety or atleast physicaly.
I do it too all the time and as long as it's not really bothering people it's okay, I guess.

ImCoolBeans
June 8th, 2014, 10:22 AM
A lot of people who have chronic anxiety have tics, and those are specifically some common tics you listed, I do both of them. It's not a conscious thing, and I've put a conscious effort into stopping, but I think that only makes my anxiety worse. Suppressing it and having another thing on your mind to worry about just isn't worth it IMO.

Microcosm
June 8th, 2014, 10:03 PM
Take a deep breath and try to relax when you have an anxiety tick. See if that helps. If it doesn't help, then just let yourself shake your legs or crack your knuckles if it really helps. I think there might be medication for it but I'm not entirely sure.

izzybeth
June 9th, 2014, 01:51 PM
ty 4 the help i am trying but i think its worse

Tyler610
June 27th, 2014, 01:00 PM
I usually crack my knuckles when I'm anxious, thankfully they proved it doesn't cause arthritis!

CosmicNoodle
June 27th, 2014, 01:16 PM
I don't think you can really easily stop doing something like that.
It's basicly a way to deal with the anxiety or atleast physicaly.
I do it too all the time and as long as it's not really bothering people it's okay, I guess.

This^
Provided the ticks arnt interfearing with things to much they arhnt to much of a problem provided they arnt annoying yoyu.