PDA

View Full Version : Creme Brle

justarandomteen
June 3rd, 2014, 05:12 PM
So, I signed up to make creme brle for my French party, but I can't blow torch it in school. Is there a way to caramelize the sugar on top like 2-3 hours in advance and still have it crispy and tasty? I could probably reheat it in school. Anyone have or know any good recipes? Please tell... This is urgent

xXoblivionXx
June 3rd, 2014, 06:40 PM
I haven't made it but here is a recipe I found online http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/creme-brulee-recipe.html

however if you were to make crepes I have a good recipe for that

justarandomteen
June 3rd, 2014, 07:41 PM
I haven't made it but here is a recipe I found online http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/creme-brulee-recipe.html

however if you were to make crepes I have a good recipe for that

Thanks for the reply, but that recipe would need me to torch or broil the sugar right before serving. I have french 3rd period (9:40), so I would need to first make the coating, then save it for 3 hours, then serve.

xXoblivionXx
June 3rd, 2014, 07:57 PM
oh i see to caramelize the sugar. have you ever done that? because I think you can just do that in a sauce pan, you don't have to torch it. yeah, I guess that's the thing with creme brle it should be served asap

TheN3rdyOutcast
June 3rd, 2014, 08:17 PM
I hope, you don't mind me asking, but what the bugger is creme brulee.

xXoblivionXx
June 3rd, 2014, 09:36 PM
I hope, you don't mind me asking, but what the bugger is creme brulee.
click on the link that I posted earlier in this thread. It's a french dessert.

tovaris
June 7th, 2014, 05:18 PM
of course there is just do it he old fassion way befrire the blow torch
put the cups with creem into cold wather almost to the level of creem inside should be wather outside, than put that into anowan and wak it uo to full power with a wentilator

JamesSuperBoy
June 7th, 2014, 05:35 PM
So, I signed up to make creme brle for my French party, but I can't blow torch it in school. Is there a way to caramelize the sugar on top like 2-3 hours in advance and still have it crispy and tasty? I could probably reheat it in school. Anyone have or know any good recipes? Please tell... This is urgent

Try and experiemnt with different sugars - if you can.

hockeyfan
June 8th, 2014, 03:23 PM
I like peach...